Does anyone else Hate Jamie Dukes fron NFL net

tsumma

Reaction score
Wow do I hate jamie dukes from NFL network, I might be alone on this one, but he is a cowboy hater, and talked up the falcons until they got their butts kicked.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
tsumma;1239416 said:
Wow do I hate jamie dukes from NFL network, I might be alone on this one, but he is a cowboy hater, and talked up the falcons until they got their butts kicked.

I'd cut him a break. He was a long-time Falcon and hosts a radio show in Atlanta.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Dukes is a moron. I used to work with a guy that used to help produce his show in Atlanta and said the guy was the only person there who was jerk. Furthermore, if you ask Dukes today he'll still say that Dick Butkus was completely overrated and Tommy Nobis was better. :eek:

YAKUZA

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I actually like the guy. He sticks too football, and dosen't get caught up in the media hype. He was the first one's to have an objective view of the T.O. accidental overdose. He stated the media overblew the whole situation. I enjoy his analysis.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
tsumma;1239416 said:

Yes, let's hate a former Falcons playing up a team he's loyal to.

But I guess Michael Irvin is the only one who is allowed to have a team bias. :rolleyes:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I get a kick out of him.

He's passionate about football and that's good enough for me...

I liked Lincoln Kennedy more.

Anyone know what happened to him? He's not on the air anymore.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Kennedy tried to make a comeback this year. He tried out for dallas & the skins, but got released.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
miamicowboy21;1239584 said:
Kennedy tried to make a comeback this year. He tried out for dallas & the skins, but got released.

Well, yeah...I remember that....but I figured SOMEONE would pick him up for an NFL show.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dukes is OK but the reasoning behind his prediction of the Falcons beating us seemed off base to me. He is opinionated and light years ahead of their announcing team.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don't hate the guy but I don't like his act.

He comes across as overbearing and condescending IMHO.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Dukes is very good, and is definitely not a Cowboy hater. He was calling us the best team in the NFC before anybody else was, and (correctly) called Romo's performance in the 2nd Giants game his defining moment.

I thought it was strange that he picked the Falcons to beat us, but now it makes sense, hearing about his Atlanta history.

MONT17

Reaction score
I like Dukes... he is a good football mind and his TV personality is up beat!!!

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
He talked up the Falcons this week but he's talked up the Cowboys just about every other week that I've seen.

Might have been something about this matchup he just liked for Atlanta. Guys don't have to pick Dallas every week. :)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Vtwin;1239621 said:
I don't hate the guy but I don't like his act.

He comes across as overbearing and condescending IMHO.

What's funny is that is how the guy I knew that helped produced his show described him. Said that because he played ball, he thought everybody else was beneath him.

I listened to him for a few years and thought his analysis was weak at best. And like I said, he claims Butkus was overrated and Nobis was far better.

There was quite a bit of Cowboys fans hate here in Georgia this week. One of the reasons is that there's quite a fanbase here. But all week long I kept hearing sports radio hosts go out of their way to goad Cowboys fans. Well, he who laughs last....

YAKUZA

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
tsumma;1239416 said:

he's a career Falcon and a 680-The Fan radio guy

what do you expect?

David