Does anyone now how to download direct tv DVDR to my computer ?

ilovejerry

Reaction score
I have the newest direct TV HD DVD and I have all the cowboy games saved but I need to free up space is there anyway I can download them to my computer and burn them to disk? does anyone have info I would greatly appreciate it
Corey

TEK2000

Reaction score
Go through an extensive process of hacking your DVR to where you can transfer all the video to your computer.

Good luck. The stuff I've read has you formatting hard drives precisely and swapping them out within your DVR... and if you mess up your entire DVR is fried.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
wow I didn't thin it would be such a undertaking. I mean they have usb ports and all why is this such a nightmare? are all DVDR this hard? I would hate to erase all the cowboys game but I'm running out of space.

badronald

Reaction score
Probably a better route would be some type of DVD recorder appliance. You wouldn't get a perfect digital copy of the source material, but its a much easier road. DVR makers (and content providers) are touchy abut this stuff.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
ahhh there full off horse puckey. They don't mind charging you a ton of money then the don't allow you to make copies for yourself its not like I'm selling them thats NFL films game. They make these stupid shows to sell you the DVDs. Like this upcoming show great NFL super bowl teams, I hate the monopoly its hogwash, If there is a way I will find it trust me
thanks dude

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ilovejerry;1187786 said:
I have the newest direct TV HD DVD and I have all the cowboy games saved but I need to free up space is there anyway I can download them to my computer and burn them to disk? does anyone have info I would greatly appreciate it
Corey

IF you are just interested in transferring the game and dont mind losing the HD, you can capture it through a capture card on your computer.

You can buy them from 50 bucks and up.

I have not done this yet, but I believe through an avid mojo and then using avid express pro you could run component cables and capture the game and it would still be HD. Avid express pro with the mojo is about 1500 bucks and the editing software has a large learning curve!

You can just run an S-video and composite audio cables into a cheap capture card, or an all in one like pinnacle studio and capture the game, but it will be an analog capture. You will still have the game though, then you can put the game on two disks, one for each half.

It is better than losing all the games. And by the way a standard def game captured with commercials and halftime is about 9 to 10 gb large and about 6 to 7 gb when commercials and halftime are edited out.

there are many capture devices and many editing choices as far as software is concerned. The prices are all over the board. Avid is the best though.