Video: Does Bailey release equate to long term contracts for D-Law, Dak and Jaylon?

Blackthorn

Reaction score

I think Dallas released Bailey for cap space to free up money for future contracts. I did not see this coming, but I should have. Dallas has to figure out a way to keep Lawrence, Dak and Jaylon Smith. Dallas can only franchise one player and will have to figure out a way. Dan Bailey last season was not the all-pro that signed the long term deal. The NFL is a business. If a player performance does not equal his pay, a team will simply release them. It happened to Dez and now Bailey.

I hope Dallas has a long term cap plan to get the starts of the team signed.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Jaylon is a little premature to think about re-signing (and this season will go a long way to determining what that re-signing price might be). But you can pencil in Dak right now for $25 million a season on a new deal and Lawrence for about $17-$18 mil or so as long as he stays healthy in 2018 - cause he's GONNA get double digit sacks if he plays. Dude has looked unblockable all through camp and preseason.

I'm not a cap guru, and I thought we were looking pretty good money wise. But Stephen Jones and co might have blanched when they added up the 2019 cap figures.