Does Columbo cancel out Rogers?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Since it has been made clear that BP chose Rogers over objections from the scouts due to his fragility, it is quite right to blame him personally for that pick. Unlike Peterman or to a lesser extent Johnson, who were highly regarded players coming from top college programs with no injury history and therefore the blame really is just not there to be put. BUT on the other hand it is looking like Columbo will be our starting RT and NO ONE gave him a chance except BP. SO you have to say that that one is solely on BP as well.

conner01

Reaction score
i don't think you can make up for a bad pick. but i do think we make too much of bad picks. it's not like every team does'nt miss on players.i think we have hit more than average in the last few years, and our misses are about average for the league

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Well, it doesn't hurt if we pulled a Starter off the scrap heap. Like they just said every team misses on draft picks.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I think Pettiti and McQuistan cancel out Rogers...you can throw Colombo in there too is you like. We are picking up talent even if we didn't get it where we thought we would (or where we should have).

ravidubey

Reaction score
Definitely. If Rogers had done well, Columbo would be somewhere else. The OL is a problem all around the league. It's the one thing that will make Philly and Washington good teams this year, IMO.

Iago33

Reaction score
No, Columbo doesn't cancel out Rogers...or Peterman...or the rest of our sorry line. Hopefully we have something with him, but I think Parcells blew it with this line.

braw

Reaction score
How can you blame a coach or draft dept. for drafting a guard and tackle from two Championship teams.

But again the prediction of how these players would fair in the pros is a guessing game.

Just look at Rogers and Columbo both drafted high and both injured early in their careers. Yet Columbo has turned the corner of rehabbing and is on the field. While Rogers was given the same opportunity, yet did not respond well. Then you have to cut your losses.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Iago33 said:
No, Columbo doesn't cancel out Rogers...or Peterman...or the rest of our sorry line. Hopefully we have something with him, but I think Parcells blew it with this line.

In 16 days we will find out if BP so called blew it with the line when we face a very good defensive front in Jacksonville.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The only way he cancelsl his out is if Columbo becomes what Rodgers was envisioned to have become. Same with Proctor cancelling out Peterman. If Proctor turns out to be no more than a backup,then he does not cancel out Peterman.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
In 16 days we will find out if BP so called blew it with the line when we face a very good defensive front in Jacksonville.
And There You Have It!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
And There You Have It!

I don't think we blew anything. Like most I would have liked to have seen more done along the line but I think this group may have a bit more talent than what many are saying. Just my opinion and in 16 days we will get the truth.

Reaction score
I don't know . . .

Did signing Ryan Leaf, Demetrius Underwood, and Aaron Gibson (all former first rounders) cancel out not having first round selections in 2000, 2001?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
You win some, you lose some, and hope at the end of the day that you have more than you started with. I think it's safe to say that the talent level on this team is significantly improved from a few years ago despite some fairly noteworthy misses. The Henson release is testimony to the fact that we no longer need to pray for a miracle cure for our team.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
The only way he cancelsl his out is if Columbo becomes what Rodgers was envisioned to have become. Same with Proctor cancelling out Peterman. If Proctor turns out to be no more than a backup,then he does not cancel out Peterman.

I sort of agree with this. There's no locks in any draft but you do feel a 1st day pick should become a starter at some point or the pick wasn't a success. That's not to say 2nd day guys don't become starters but when they do it's more of a surprise.

If you pick up 2 guys that you got for nothing and make them successful starters than sure than cancels out a couple of first day misses. But Columbo and Procter have a ways to go before we can call them successful starters.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Since it has been made clear that BP chose Rogers over objections from the scouts due to his fragility, it is quite right to blame him personally for that pick. Unlike Peterman or to a lesser extent Johnson, who were highly regarded players coming from top college programs with no injury history and therefore the blame really is just not there to be put. BUT on the other hand it is looking like Columbo will be our starting RT and NO ONE gave him a chance except BP. SO you have to say that that one is solely on BP as well.

I don't linger over missed opportunities. everyone does it. BP made a mistake. the one thing I like about him, he doesn't linger over it. he corrects it and moves on. once he realized Rogers isn't the answer he started to look for another one. at the end it doesn't matter how you get to 53, but that you get to the right 53. if a 1st round pick is a bust and a 7th rounder is better, then the 7th rounder gets to play and 1st rounder goes bye bye....

STSINAZ

Reaction score
yes, procter cancels out peterman...a reinvigorated gurode cancels out johnson...gurode was a goner...now he is resurrected

Reaction score
Washington and Filthy lines are good "if" they remain healthy, Filthy has more depth than the skins who have the least amount of depth overall than anybody in our division. With Columbo who by the way will get better, and stronger Big Rob, McQuistan and Fabini it isn't great but it's deeper than last season which is an improvement