Does it hit you?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Here we are, 2 whole weeks into football season and I still find myself in the mindset of the 6 month drought with no football. In the offseason I'm kind of programmed that there is no football on weekends. I think about it, the offseason transactions, the workouts, the Combine and the draft etc., but there is no end result, really. Just more news.

However, in this time of the season, I'll be in the middle of something on a Saturday and I suddenly realize, hey, there's football tomorrow. It hits me. I suddenly have a little spring in my step. It isn't so bad I've got to mow the lawns and take care of a hundred things. I don't mind that I have to scrape my driveway 'cause the neighbor kids decided to rape my grapevine and smash 18 bushells of grapes.

Tomorrow there's football games, on television, in HD and there's lots of them. I get to see Romo and the gang. I get to see some of our younger players improve and the veterans "ferment", if you will.

Life is good this Saturday evening because it hit me, football season's here.

nflandbooze

Reaction score
It hit me early, like before the HoF game early. The only thing that I kinda don't like is that I'm so eager to know how it all ends. I should probably enjoy the ride a little more, but I'm so frickin' thirsty for a playoff win I can't stand it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ike kinda messed up my schedule .... but before that it hit me hard.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Once the Yankees are eliminated, it'll hit me. Every October I've had to split my attention. Alas, not this year.

sago1

Reaction score
I like prime time games cause that way I'm assured of watching the Cowboys games here in Florida. Can't wait until tomorrow tonight. Go through the whole range of motions from nervous to somewhat confident to whatever. I really believe in the Cowboys but feel better once the game actually begins; I can tell pretty early what kind of game it's going to be. The Cleveland game was almost boring due to the Cowboys total domination while the Eagles was a wild ride.

Nexx

Reaction score
am i the only one who is depressed that 12.5% of the season is already over?

Seven

Reaction score
bbgun;2272646 said:
Once the Yankees are eliminated, it'll hit me. Every October I've had to split my attention. Alas, not this year.

This thread may work out.............. ;)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Nexx;2272686 said:

I hope you don't keep a gun in the house.

Seven

Reaction score
Nexx;2272686 said:

i hate math.............specifically; percentages are for the weak. :D

Seven

Reaction score
nflandbooze;2272625 said:
It hit me early, like before the HoF game early. The only thing that I kinda don't like is that I'm so eager to know how it all ends. I should probably enjoy the ride a little more, but I'm so frickin' thirsty for a playoff win I can't stand it.

There is no "ledge". Seriously. Just come back in from the window. You'll catch the death of cold.