Does it make me a bad fan that I dont want to use the word "Awesome" to describe a QB's play after a loss?

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Normally if you are using that word that means the QB did enough to win the game. I have never in my 35 years of watching the NFL praised a team after losing a big game during the regular season. Dak played better than I thought he would and had 0 ints and fought hard to make it close but I can't say he was awesome. He played good but still made a few bonhead mistakes in the 2nd half which is throwing that 7yd pass on 3rd and 15. I dont care what know one says not converting that 3rd down is shifted the momentum. The loss is not all on Dak because the defense let the eagles drive right down the field after halftime. So you can see how the word AWESOME is not the word to use this morning to describe anything that happened yesterday.

Brax

Reaction score
Normally if you are using that word that means the QB did enough to win the game. I have never in my 35 years of watching the NFL praised a team after losing a big game during the regular season. Dak played better than I thought he would and had 0 ints and fought hard to make it close but I can't say he was awesome. He played good but still made a few bonhead mistakes in the 2nd half which is throwing that 7yd pass on 3rd and 15. I dont care what know one says not converting that 3rd down is shifted the momentum. The loss is not all on Dak because the defense let the eagles drive right down the field after halftime. So you can see how the word AWESOME is not the word to use this morning to describe anything that happened yesterday.
It doesn’t make you a bad fan, but just wait, hater, idiot, football stupid, find another team, low football IQ, never played, member of the band, your mother your wife will be verbally abused and insulted, that’s the standard here for posters who question certain players elite status. Get in line put on the rose colored glasses and be happy with the they almost won.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who labeled you a bad fan for not describing Prescott's play yesterday as awesome? No names please. Was it another poster or posters? Or did the labeling come from someone you know in the real world?

shabazz

Reaction score
Who labeled you a bad fan for not describing Prescott's play yesterday as awesome? No names please. Was it another poster or posters? Or did the labeling come from someone you know in the real world?
I’d say we give him a group hug

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What did you want him to do on 3rd and 15? Becasue I don't know any plays that guarantee 15 yards....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a totally unrelated note, 'awesome' is likely the last word my wife would describe me after all the cussing she heard yesterday, lol.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
As far as the 7 yard pass on 3rd and 15, that's a difficult down and distance to convert let alone vs a good team. Do you have the all 22? Do you know what was there? Sometimes you have to take what's there, punt, play FP and let your D help you. Had he forced the ball in a tight window and got picked everyone would be screaming as to why he didn't make the safer play even if not resulting in a first down. :banghead:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
You are not wrong at all. It is the Romo Denver game all over again. Our QB has a great game UNTIL THE MOMENT OF TRUTH. Then the choke job at the worst possible time.

The people trying to act like Dak was great did it back then too with Romo even though it should have been yet another reminder that they come up small in the biggest pressure situations, and that you don't have the right guy in the job.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On a totally unrelated note, 'awesome' is likely the last word my wife would describe me after all the cussing she heard yesterday, lol.
That's funny...the other day my wife said I have two faults, I don't listen...and something else.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
As you Might bE awaRe It's Considered AgainSt forum COde When By staff tO openlY accuse other posters by name.

However, you may be able to read a couple of the threads and see who is leveling such charges against multiple posters.
He makes no effort to hide it.