Does Micah need another Mentor on this team?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes micah has a pass rush mentor in D-law who he surely picked up things from, but what about a LB mentor who he can go to and gain knowledge. A player that comes to mind is Sean Lee! Imagine how much better Micah would be if he had a guy like that he could go to and watch how he prepares and preps for games. This is not a MICAH bash thread!!!!!! Kinds of like how Ceedee has Brandon Cooks, please give your thoughts!

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I’ve been ok with Micah’s Tweets, his podcasts, and just in general positioning himself in front of the camera. You’ve worked hard, enjoy the life you’ve created for yourself young man.

However, what I do find rather curious is his vocal omission of being “the leader” of the defensive unit. In fact, there have been samples of him suggesting the team NEEDS leaders. He's basically asking for someone to come in here and fill the role that the OP is asking about.

It’s logical to assume your stud player is the leader but with Micah I just do t know. I’d love to see him leave no doubt that he’s the man and perhaps with maturity, that’s a position he’ll gladly accept. With his energy and personality I’d love to see him lift those around him much more consistently.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Micah will do whatever is asked of him at a high level. He needs to be a LB that rushes in my opinion... he needs to learn to read and react vs just reacting... this will help the team. We have other pass rushers that can do that 100% of the time without limiting and wearing out Parson, so can impact the game all over the field. He is by far your best player...

Jipper

Reaction score
I’ve been ok with Micah’s Tweets, his podcasts, and just in general positioning himself in front of the camera. You’ve worked hard, enjoy the life you’ve created for yourself young man.

However, what I do find rather curious is his vocal omission of being “the leader” of the defensive unit. In fact, there have been samples of him suggesting the team NEEDS leaders. He's basically asking for someone to come in here and fill the role that the OP is asking about.

It’s logical to assume your stud player is the leader but with Micah I just do t know. I’d love to see him leave no doubt that he’s the man and perhaps with maturity, that’s a position he’ll gladly accept. With his energy and personality I’d love to see him lift those around him much more consistently.
im ok with him tweeting, podcasts and social media but some of the stuff he has said and posted is dumb....dont have any issue with the message espically given that generationally it is the primary conduit but some of the content is very questionable and I dont agree with it.

He shows more immaturity that I would hope to see from a "leader" either in the team dynamic setting for from a performance setting

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

That's why I feel like a Bobby Wagner or the vet LB from the Bucs needs to come in here and get with him, show micah how he gets ready for games, studies etc etc, this could really help Micah. Micah does things on his own i'm sure in the off season/during the season. I just think that the benefits of him having a PROVEN guy could really help him and see things in a different manner

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Micah will do whatever is asked of him at a high level. He needs to be a LB that rushes in my opinion... he needs to learn to read and react vs just reacting... this will help the team. We have other pass rushers that can do that 100% of the time without limiting and wearing out Parson, so can impact the game all over the field. He is by far your best player...
but can he be even better, with the things you mentioned, I think that would really make him great!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
im ok with him tweeting, podcasts and social media but some of the stuff he has said and posted is dumb....dont have any issue with the message espically given that generationally it is the primary conduit but some of the content is very questionable and I dont agree with it.

He shows more immaturity that I would hope to see from a "leader" either in the team dynamic setting for from a performance setting
i'm fine as a lot of players do the tweeting I just had an issue with him calling out players and how they play in the public when you have games to play and thus leaving yourself open for harsh criticism when you don't play well or could have done more

Staubacher

Reaction score
He's played 3 seasons and he enjoys promoting himself. He's not the in your face leader type and never will be.

Staubacher

Reaction score
who says a leader has to be all up in your face to lead???
Ask champions - Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Travis Kelce, Michael Irvin, etc.

Not everyone can and should be like that but most championship teams have a guy or two. That will never be Micah.

kskboys

Reaction score
Micah needs a coach who puts him at LB where he would be a HOF type player.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
That's why I feel like a Bobby Wagner or the vet LB from the Bucs needs to come in here and get with him, show micah how he gets ready for games, studies etc etc, this could really help Micah. Micah does things on his own i'm sure in the off season/during the season. I just think that the benefits of him having a PROVEN guy could really help him and see things in a different manner
You may be right but is Micah ready to be receptive to some type of mentorship?

jwitten82

Reaction score

Micah is not gonna be the vocal leader on this team, he's more like Ware in which he'll lead by example . We have one of the youngest teams in the league, if Micah was going to be the leader it would've happened already

LysleE

Reaction score
Is there even a current player or coach on the Cowboys roster than would be suitable to mentor Micah?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes micah has a pass rush mentor in D-law who he surely picked up things from, but what about a LB mentor who he can go to and gain knowledge. A player that comes to mind is Sean Lee! Imagine how much better Micah would be if he had a guy like that he could go to and watch how he prepares and preps for games. This is not a MICAH bash thread!!!!!! Kinds of like how Ceedee has Brandon Cooks, please give your thoughts!
He's already a LEGEND in his mind do you think a mentor will help?

fivetwos

Reaction score
They should have added Wagner two offseasons ago, but they determined that they were fine.

Maybe an all but cooked Wagner has come down to Stevie’s price range, but at this point they should look at White. The change of scenery and ability to take a leadership role could really help each, but when Stevie determines that a fifth round pick is where to find that, it’s not gonna happen.

The cap is real….for Dallas. Every other contender finds a way to add the players they need.

I’m just glad we have Trey Lance and the plan moving ahead is clear.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I feel bad for Micah as the leadership burden falls on him because the guy who gets paid the most and should be the leader has about as much charisma as a wet fart.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He needs a big brother that plays DT.