Does the coaching staff get any time off?

Praxit

Reaction score
I'm sure they get time off to be with family n such

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They don't get much time off, when players go home coaching staff still have a lot of work on their plate. Big reason why many players who fans think would be a good coach choose not to get into the coaching grind.

GMO415

Reaction score
This place never disappoints, we're #1 in the NFCE and we're discussing off season topics.

plasticman

Reaction score
No, they get no time off.

When a coach takes time off from focusing completely on his team winning, it's the same as stealing from the franchise, the players and the fans.

If a coach wants time off, then he could always look forward to death. Until then, back to the film room with you!

plymkr

Reaction score
I dunna know, mate, but I remember that Wade Phillips was allowed enough time to pursue dancing.

Wow. I really need to get over my social anxiety and/or make more money because I look a lot better than Wade and no women are dancing with me.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Generally no. Plus they regularly work 14+ hours a day.

When they finish the season, they have outgoing meetings and breakdown. When that is done is about the only time they might have to say take a vacation. By the time March rolls around the college evaluation and formulating installs is already in full swing.

From there we know the schedule, draft, minicamps, TC, season.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
What a weird question. It's a job like anything else. Dedication doesn't mean you can't spend time with your family or have some free time.

I recon they do work alot more hours during regular season though. And sometimes through the night of course. I read somewhere that Dak and Mike for example are the first ones to be on the compound in the morning and the last ones to leave. Often talking and plotting through the night.

It's what I expect from people paid this much though. 100% dedication. But still, family should always have no 1 priority. In football, like in so many other jobs, they know what they're into though.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
What a weird question. It's a job like anything else. Dedication doesn't mean you can't spend time with your family or have some free time.

I recon they do work alot more hours during regular season though. And sometimes through the night of course. I read somewhere that Dak and Mike for example are the first ones to be on the compound in the morning and the last ones to leave. Often talking and plotting through the night.

It's what I expect from people paid this much though. 100% dedication. But still, family should always have no 1 priority. In football, like in so many other jobs, they know what they're into though.
True but 100 hours a week for life? Be tough for sure.