Does "The Jerry Zone" really exist?

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
the-twilight-zone-intro_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

This is what a number of people in person and online have told me:
  1. Jerry has made the Cowboys profitable (agree on that one)
  2. Jerry is making so much money it will never stop
  3. Jerry does not care what people think - he is laughing all they way to the bank
  4. It no longer matters if the Cowboys are successful
  5. Nothing can stop this.
Some of you will reply they don't entirely agree with the above points, but this is the consensus - Jerry has found a way to ruin a product that causes customers to either anguish on or hate, yet they throw money at it. For perhaps the first time in history, a businessman is making a fortune on failure (maybe some will point out the Arizona Cardinals, etc.)

I call this "The Jerry Zone"

Got some questions:

(Concerning Point #2) Does anyone know of anyone that has marketed a failure over a sustained period of time and it made huge profits? Some might mention General Motors from the late 1950's to 2009, but they eventually had to take on government assistance.

(Concerning Points #3, 4) I hear Jerry does not care what people think. So what if there are more opponent jerseys in Cowboys Stadium, fans that wear sacks on their heads - hate him? Then explain his craving to get in the news almost daily, and is consumed by a desire to single-handedly win a Super Bowl far, far removed by anything the man he can't let a grudge go - Jimmy? If (I say when) it gets to the point every time he leaves his house he gets pointed questions, will Jerry still not care what people think?

The challenge is to take on these questions directly - no sideshows and give a non-lame answer.

Good luck!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
How was GM a failure form the 50's to 2009?

They made a lot of good products up to 1972 - just like the other big auto makers. Produced some real garbage starting in 1973 and thru the 80's and then things changed. But to claim they were a failure from the 50's is simply not true.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
the-twilight-zone-intro_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

This is what a number of people in person and online have told me:
  1. Jerry has made the Cowboys profitable (agree on that one)
  2. Jerry is making so much money it will never stop
  3. Jerry does not care what people think - he is laughing all they way to the bank
  4. It no longer matters if the Cowboys are successful
  5. Nothing can stop this.
Some of you will reply they don't entirely agree with the above points, but this is the consensus - Jerry has found a way to ruin a product that causes customers to either anguish on or hate, yet they throw money at it. For perhaps the first time in history, a businessman is making a fortune on failure (maybe some will point out the Arizona Cardinals, etc.)

I call this "The Jerry Zone"

Got some questions:

(Concerning Point #2) Does anyone know of anyone that has marketed a failure over a sustained period of time and it made huge profits? Some might mention General Motors from the late 1950's to 2009, but they eventually had to take on government assistance.

(Concerning Points #3, 4) I hear Jerry does not care what people think. So what if there are more opponent jerseys in Cowboys Stadium, fans that wear sacks on their heads - hate him? Then explain his craving to get in the news almost daily, and is consumed by a desire to single-handedly win a Super Bowl far, far removed by anything the man he can't let a grudge go - Jimmy? If (I say when) it gets to the point every time he leaves his house he gets pointed questions, will Jerry still not care what people think?

The challenge is to take on these questions directly - no sideshows and give a non-lame answer.

Good luck!

Jerry cares.
Jerry wants to win more than we do.

Jerry just doesn't know how to go about it.

Make no mistakes, he wants it!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the point of the topic is.

Are there actually people who don't know that Jerry is going to continue to be Jerry as long as the Cowboys are making money?

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Jerry cares.
Jerry wants to win more than we do.

Jerry just doesn't know how to go about it.

Make no mistakes, he wants it!

...or Jerry is in severe denial of how to go about it.

To many people, it seems very easy to make the Cowboys an elite team again - by doing the last thing he apparently is willing to do. What made the Cowboys great to begin with.

People question if he is serious about winning if doing it has to be done "his way" (i.e. the SB with Switzer as HC) as opposed to a proven way (giving a Landry and esp. a Johnson a free hand in running the team.)

He has created untold frustration by insisting on winning with it centered on him.

Ironically, if Jerry had worked things out with Jimmy, then succeed him with elite HCs with discretion, Cowboys might have 7-8 SB trophies by now, relevant, and Jerry would receive the recognition he craves.

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
...or Jerry is in severe denial of how to go about it.

To many people, it seems very easy to make the Cowboys an elite team again - by doing the last thing he apparently is willing to do. What made the Cowboys great to begin with.

People question if he is serious about winning if doing it has to be done "his way" (i.e. the SB with Switzer as HC) as opposed to a proven way (giving a Landry and esp. a Johnson a free hand in running the team.)

He has created untold frustration by insisting on winning with it centered on him.

Ironically, if Jerry had worked things out with Jimmy, then succeed him with elite HCs with discretion, Cowboys might have 7-8 SB trophies by now, relevant, and Jerry would receive the recognition he craves.

1. He cost us a shot at 4 SBs in a row.... Maybe 5... We will never know.

2. I know Jimmy johnson was laughing and crying when we looked unprepared and not hungry for NFC title game vs 49ers when we spotted them 21 points in under 10 minutes of first quarter.

3. He "sold" his soul for Super Bowl XXX and that price is/has been/continues to be 20 years and counting of crap...