Does this TC just feel different?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Especially after last year's meltdown(and probably the biggest one in the NFC in the last 20 years), I was concerned over 1) Would this affect the players' psyches in the offseason? 2) How would they respond coming into this season? 3) Is Wade too soft? etc, etc

Anyhow-from all the reports that we're hearing, it's definitely been a physical, grinding, business-like hardhitting camp, that's for sure. And from the sounds of the players and coaches too, they seem to be very focused.

Of course-last year in the Bears TC, reports came out that Rex Grossman finally turned a corner, so this may mean nothing?

Seriously-so far, so promising, so focused, so good.:star:

utrunner07

Reaction score
It did until the team ****** felt the need to comment on the Packers situation.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I was concerned last year that camp Wade was gonna turn into camp Switzer. That feeling has subsided. However, we seemed to have drafted better post Parcells than post JJ.

Mansta54

Reaction score
utrunner07;2177247 said:

If you think what he said has a effect on our TC then you don't know much about football. Just sayin!!!!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We are swimming in talent all around and the competition for a place on the team is creating a buzz:starspin

Me likey:D

Bizwah

Reaction score
This camp does feel different.

It sounds intense....in reading about them it seems like all players are on a mission.

The players also seem to genuinely like each other and push each other.

newlander

Reaction score
I agree, who cares what crayton said? Rodgers sucks anyway. He's just saying publicly what everyone pretty much knows already. No biggie, trust me. Yeah, he is slightly ********: makes what he said even more irrelevant.

amarillodoc

Reaction score
I went to camp in 2005, 2006, and this year (I didn't go last year). Compared to the camps under Parcells, this camp is looser in the respect that there is some joking and smiling going around. However, it is every bit as intense and business-like as those were.

There is so much competition this year. Every position is loaded, so the players have to play hard or they will either fall behind or look bad going against the other players.

There are so many leaders that keep the players focused this year. A happy TO is very focused, Adam Jones may be the most competitive person on the team, Zach Thomas is very workmanlike in his approach (similar to Witten and Barber).

The atmosphere in camp this year seems like everyone there knows this team has the potential to be very special. They know they blew a wonderful chance last year and they are not about to let that happen again.

I haven't been as confident and excited about a season since the early 90s.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
utrunner07;2177247 said:

What did Dave Campo say about the Packers?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It does feel different. The guys are having to work without getting too beat up. The leaders on the team are feeling comfortable expressing themselves. The players are letting their personalities show while still focusing on football. Even the press who have been so critical of the coaching seem to have relented lately.

It's been just about perfect, IMO.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Mansta54;2177265 said:
If you think what he said has a effect on our TC then you don't know much about football. Just sayin!!!!

oh, i know...i just can't help but bash the guy just like he cant help but open his big mouth...ive tried to lighten up on him this past month but then he goes and does something like this...oh well... I guess he is our ******:D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Does this TC just feel different?

That's because we've secretly replaced the fine football you're accustomed to with rich, delicious Folgers Crystals.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
utrunner07;2177439 said:
oh, i know...i just can't help but bash the guy just like he cant help but open his big mouth...ive tried to lighten up on him this past month but then he goes and does something like this...oh well... I guess he is our ******:D

Your comment was hilarious, and like most jest, it contained some element of truth.

Of course, I'm no football expert, so Mansta has a point.:D

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
bbgun;2177443 said:
That's because we've secretly replaced the fine football you're accustomed to with rich, delicious Folgers Crystals.

Let's see what happens!

:laugh2:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
utrunner07;2177247 said:
Do you have to carry your anti Crayton agenda from thread to thread?

utrunner07

Reaction score
dogunwo;2177803 said:
Do you have to carry your anti Crayton agenda from thread to thread?

<sigh> unfortunately i do...it is my burden to bear and it is always with me....

for example: the other day when Steve Smith broke his team mates nose, I thought to my self...Don't have to worry about Patrick Crayton doing that, he would just quit mid swing before his fist even reached the nose...