Dolphins release OL McKinney

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Per rotoworld.com, Dolphins released Steve McKinney, 33, a C/G OL. 6'4", 304 lbs. Anyone think he could be servicable as a backup?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
He tore his knee last year and signed with the Dolphins in May of this year. His knee probably isn't up to snuff. He'll probably sign with someone when the season gets under way and he can pass a physical.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Silverstar;2198968 said:
I'm still wondering why Marten is backing up Kosier at LG.

Because Marten can't handle it at tackle.

(he can't handle guard either by the way.....)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Isn't he the guy we signed a few years and he had a problem and we released him?

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2198985 said:
Isn't he the guy we signed a few years and he had a problem and we released him?

Nope. He's played for the Texans until this year..prior to that he was a Colt.

Houston area native. Aggie. His brother plays OL somewhere. Can't remember where.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Nah I can't see him helping us. If he can't provide a quality depth position for a woeful 1-15 team then he's not going to be much help to us either.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;2199039 said:
Nope. He's played for the Texans until this year..prior to that he was a Colt.

Houston area native. Aggie. His brother plays OL somewhere. Can't remember where.

Brian McKinney. Minnesota Vikings.

Prob about to get a 4 game suspension

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Seth McKinney | #68 | G. Cleveland Browns is Steve McKinney's brother. They both went to A&M so most people around here would have hated them since High School.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Bryant McKinnie #74 OT
3535.jpg
<---Prison material

Steve McKinney #76
hs_4325.jpg
<---Beer drinkin' material

Although they look some what alike, they are of no relation to one another. But your hatred is noted.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2199178 said:
No, that was Fabini.

No we signed an OL named McKinney and he had heart problem or something and we cut him. Then he signed with another team......from what I remember.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2199184 said:
No we signed an OL named McKinney and he had heart problem or something and we cut him. Then he signed with another team......from what I remember.
That was Tucker(I think Ryan Tucker), I think he's a member of the media somewhere in the east.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I do wish we'd get more press on the backup OL. What is going on there. I hate to jinx us but we have escaped without major injuries to the OL for awhile haven't we??