Dominating with a Few Kinks Again

Manster68

Reaction score
Dominating with a Few Kinks Again
I need to start off by asking you a question:

How many Giant, Commander, and Eagle fans was murmuring “Ah, Crap!” when they saw Felix Jones make the run he made?

To me, that was the play that broke the game open. Aided by beautiful blocking from Witten, Owens and the offensive line, when Felix was one on one with the defensive back, you KNEW the defender had NO chance! Oh my goodness! This kid is going to be special. Teamed up with Marion the Barbarian, Dallas will have a more balanced offense. That is a scary thought for the opponents and their fans.

What is even scarier is the Cowboys did not even come close to playing their best game. They were fairly inept on both offense and defense. There were dropped passes and missed tackles. I saw more confusion with both units from both sides of the ball. I have no idea what happened on Driver’s 50-yard sideline catch. Someone blew an assignment though. Romo, once again, threw a horrible pass in the red zone. There were a plethora of mistakes out there for the team wearing silver and blue.

In spite of these mistakes, the short week, and on the road to a hostile environment where this franchise had never won before, the Dallas Cowboys absolutely dominated one of the best teams in the league. This team is loaded boys and girls.

Hey, how about some props to Courtney Brown. He was inactive for the first two weeks. When Roy Williams went down, Brown, along with Watkins, came in and did a pretty nice job. This is especially true when you take in consideration the quality of the opponents on their home turf.

How many times did we see Rodgers have to hold the ball? Those young pups in the secondary were doing their job.

Probably the one unit on the Cowboys that had the best game might have been the offensive line. Yeah, they gave up a couple of sacks; they are not a perfect unit. However, when you amass over 200 yards rushing, you are dominating. The only negative running play was when Jenkins flew into the backfield and tackled Felix Jones. That was a near impossible task for Bennett to block as Jenkins was lined up inside him and continued to stunt inside. It was just an excellent play call by the Packers defensive coordinator. They are professionals also.

I just loved how the Cowboys basically played a C+ game yet went into Lambeau Field and throttled the cheeseheads!

Bring on the Commanders!

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Manster68;2278697 said:
I have no idea what happened on Driver’s 50-yard sideline catch. Someone blew an assignment though.

Pacman got burned on a double move. To be fair, it was an excellent play by both Driver and Rodgers. Driver sat on that move for a looong time and Rodgers gave no indication he was going that way with the ball until the very last second.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I don't know if Pac blew that coverage or if it was Hamlin, Pac looked at Hamlin like he expected him to be over the top.

BGeezy

Reaction score
Actually it was a cover 2 and Hamlin cheated towards the hashmark and left the sideline open for Driver.

Pacman had underneath coverage and expected Hamlin to be there.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
BGeezy;2278800 said:
Actually it was a cover 2 and Hamlin cheated towards the hashmark and left the sideline open for Driver.

Gotcha. Nevertheless, a good double move and throw.

hendog

Reaction score
BGeezy;2278800 said:

That's what I was thinking too.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
BGeezy;2278800 said:

I agree. I think there was someone in the slot or something that ran deep down the seam in the middle and Driver was on the sideline. Both of them had defenders on them early, but were then passed off behind them. However, Hamlin was the only one on that side of the field so he picked up the middle guy leaving Driver wide open.

FCBarca

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2278705 said:
Pacman got burned on a double move. To be fair, it was an excellent play by both Driver and Rodgers. Driver sat on that move for a looong time and Rodgers gave no indication he was going that way with the ball until the very last second.

Pacman got burned BIG time...Watched the QB the entire way...That's a DB not playing his assignment, that's a DB freestylin' it...Shame too because he was having a great game up until that one...Fortunately, it only led to a FG.

O-Line really redeemed themselves in the 2nd half...Kosier may indeed have come back too soon as he was facing a tough rush.

T.O. was great when he wasn't getting balls thrown his way (Or dropping one ala Crayton)...Those blocks were key, obviously...As was the play of Witten...For me, it was between Witten and Austin for Player of the Game (yes, even more so than Barber).

Loved seeing a form of the screen in the 2nd half, even if it was simply a dumpoff to Bennett in the flat that led to a big gainer...That was open a lot of the game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
FCBarca;2278895 said:
Pacman got burned BIG time...Watched the QB the entire way...That's a DB not playing his assignment, that's a DB freestylin' it.

It was zone coverage. That's what he is supposed to do. He should have dropped a little deeper to make it a tougher throw, but Hamlin is the one who busted the zone.