CFZ Don’t Overlook Dante Fowler

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’ve been saying it since last season… Fowler brings a ton of juice to the pass rush. People shouldn’t underestimate his value to the pass rush just because he’s not a starter. He is very good.

Fowler isn’t so good that he can be that guy that all offenses have to worry about like Micah or Nick Nosa are… but if he is the 4th or 5th rusher for the offense to worry about, he is absolutely a very big problem for offenses.

Even if Fowler isn’t getting sacks, he is always around the QB and making him extremely uncomfortable. He flies off the edge and when the offense is fighting to stop Parsons, Odighizuwa, and D Lawrence, the offense very much needs to worry about Fowler, where he is and if he’s blocked effectively.

He needs some props because he’s a good player, he’s one hell of a bargain for Dallas, and a very valuable piece of Quinn’s defensive front. Don’t overlook him… just appreciate a good player who is going to cause his share of problems for opposing teams.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’ve been saying it since last season… Fowler brings a ton of juice to the pass rush. People shouldn’t underestimate his value to the pass rush just because he’s not a starter. He is very good.

Fowler isn’t so good that he can be that guy that all offenses have to worry about like Micah or Nick Nosa are… but if he is the 4th or 5th rusher for the offense to worry about, he is absolutely a very big problem for offenses.

Even if Fowler isn’t getting sacks, he is always around the QB and making him extremely uncomfortable. He flies off the edge and when the offense is fighting to stop Parsons, Odighizuwa, and D Lawrence, the offense very much needs to worry about Fowler, where he is and if he’s blocked effectively.

He needs some props because he’s a good player, he’s one hell of a bargain for Dallas, and a very valuable piece of Quinn’s defensive front. Don’t overlook him… just appreciate a good player who is going to cause his share of problems for opposing teams.
what I like about this defense, which reminds me of the 90s cowboys (they are not there quite yet), is the number of pass rushers. they can all be relentless and full go and by the 4th quarter we tend to wear out the OL as opposed to the other way around. the 90s team was 8 deep, with a dominant pass rusher in Haley (Parsons) and then just rotate rotate attack attack.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Their passing down line of DLaw, Parsons, DA, and Fowler is pretty damn nasty.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He looked pretty good, about what he was last year.

His problem was that he disappeared entirely the last moth or so of the season last year.
That is because:

1) When big Hankins went down, they had to tweak things to stop the run better. And

2) When Anthony Brown got hurt, that CB spot was constantly open and the QB could get rid of the ball faster than they did before Brown got hurt.

But yeah, you’re right that he needs to keep it up for the whole season.

rags747

Reaction score
what I like about this defense, which reminds me of the 90s cowboys (they are not there quite yet), is the number of pass rushers. they can all be relentless and full go and by the 4th quarter we tend to wear out the OL as opposed to the other way around. the 90s team was 8 deep, with a dominant pass rusher in Haley (Parsons) and then just rotate rotate attack attack.
Yes, very reminiscent of those early 90’s Cowboys teams. Got to love it…

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yes, especially if the offense does their part and gets a lead. If Dallas is well ahead in the second half, the pass rush coming in waves is going to be just about impossible to deal with.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah and Golston was getting pretty good pressure last night, and has been since the last couple games of last season. I think that he’s figuring it out more since his move inside to DT last season.
Indeed the backup line of DA Mazi Golston and Fowler was creating havoc as well. Williams is the 9th guy and he can play too.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
He looked a lot fresher last night. Even for a rotational player, he seemed to wear down late in the year.

CCBoy

Reaction score

With Parsons on the field, Fowler gets in very fast...

blueblood70

Reaction score

I don't think anybody's overlooking him, he was brought back again this year. Our team is full of pass rushers... There's not a huge drop off.. They just keep coming every wave including the safeties and the hybrid linebackers.. So if you want to call it a front 7 or whatever it is. We have a dangerous starting lineup plus our Subs..

When Jerry said earlier in the offseason that he believes this is the deepest team we've had since the 90s.. this is what he's talking about waves of players coming in and doing their job.. Even this place didn't think the offensive line depth looked good at the beginning of the preseason, but they seem to be OK.. I mean I agree with Jerry I'm looking all over this team and there's a lot of talent in the depth areas.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Pressures for week 1, dude was putttin the heat out. Also lets give some props to Armstrong too
  • ED Micah Parsons, 6
  • ED Dorance Armstrong, 6
  • DL Osa Odighizuwa, 4
  • DL Chauncey Golston, 4
  • ED Dante Fowler Jr., 4
  • ED Sam Williams, 3
  • ED DeMarcus Lawrence, 3

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't think anybody's overlooking him, he was brought back again this year. Our team is full of pass rushers... There's not a huge drop off.. They just keep coming every wave including the safeties and the hybrid linebackers.. So if you want to call it a front 7 or whatever it is. We have a dangerous starting lineup plus our Subs..

When Jerry said earlier in the offseason that he believes this is the deepest team we've had since the 90s.. this is what he's talking about waves of players coming in and doing their job.. Even this place didn't think the offensive line depth looked good at the beginning of the preseason, but they seem to be OK.. I mean I agree with Jerry I'm looking all over this team and there's a lot of talent in the depth areas.
I saw people wanting to cut him in preseason this year.

I agree that most guys, like you, probably appreciate what he brings to the team… but there are those who don’t.

I’m talking to those people.