Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Donald Sutherland, Star of ‘MASH,’ ‘Klute’ and ‘Hunger Games,’ Dies at 88
By Rick Schultz | Variety
June 20, 2024

Donald-Sutherland.jpg

Donald Sutherland, the tall, lean and long-faced Canadian actor who became a countercultural icon with such films as “The Dirty Dozen,” “MASH,” “Klute” and “Don’t Look Now,” and who subsequently enjoyed a prolific and wide-ranging career in films including “Ordinary People,” “Without Limits” and the “Hunger Games” films, died Thursday in Miami after a long illness, CAA confirmed. He was 88.

For over a half century, the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actor memorably played villains, antiheroes, romantic leads and mentor figures. His profile increased in the past decade with his supporting role as the evil President Snow in “The Hunger Games” franchise...Read more

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Along with the ones listed above, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", "Kelley's Heroes", "Animal House", "Eye of the Needle", just so many roles over the years. Sad to hear, he was always one of my favorites.

46bUdIV.gif

Invasion of the Body Snatcher ... Outbreak ...and A time to Kill are the ones i remember most about Donny's film career.

Son is splitting image of his Dad.

Condolences and Prayers to the Sutherland family and loved ones.

RIP, Donny.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
One of my all-time favorite actors. Sort of has that Christopher Walken thing going with a unique personality that is almost more fun to watch in a good support role.

Two more great roles he did that I haven’t seen mentioned… Backdraft as the crazy arsonist who talks with Robert DeNiro, and Space Cowboys as the eccentric engineer pal of Clint Eastwood.