Twitter: Donovan Wilson has a groin injury

quickccc

Reaction score
Tough blow for our secondary now, and not good sign to hear if he has to be helped off the field, sounds like this could be a lengthy injury at that.

As that's a starter that needed to learn and adjust to the new coverage schemes, and also gives way to
journeyman type backup Kearse to start- don't be surprised if this injury has Wilson going to the PUP, while Dorian Thompson makes the 53 roster, perhaps until Wilson
is back healthy and able to return.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Tough blow for our secondary now, and not good sign to hear if he has to be helped off the field, sounds like this could be a lengthy injury at that.

As that's a starter that needed to learn and adjust to the new coverage schemes, and also gives way to
journeyman type backup Kearse to start- don't be surprised if this injury has Wilson going to the PUP, while Dorian Thompson makes the 53 roster, perhaps until Wilson
is back healthy and able to return.
don't think he can go on the PUP, since he has already practiced.

JBS

Reaction score
don't think he can go on the PUP, since he has already practiced.
He has to make the 53 man roster first. Then go on IR, I believe. He would also be eligible to return.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has to make the 53 man roster first. Then go on PUP, I believe. He would also be eligible to return.

He would go on IR, short term. After the 53 is named, as he would be one of them at first.
Can't go on PUP. Only players placed on it before TC started can be on it.

JBS

Reaction score
He would go on IR, short term. After the 53 is named, as he would be one of them at first.
Correct, he would go on IR, not pup. And would be eligible to return.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Uh oh. If they put Jabril Cox out there at SS, Wilson may never see the field again. Not that I have anything against Donovan, but I've always liked the idea of Jabril at SS.

817Gill

Reaction score
Plenty of time before the season if it’s not a tear. A pulled groin can linger but 2 and a half weeks is a decent time frame.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks more and more like they end up keeping 11 defensive backs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
i'd think neal would go to ss first and cox in at lb if that was the case?
I would think so too, except for all of the "He's a LINEBACKER!" talk coming from the Coaches. Also, if Neal is one of your starting LBs, which he seems to be right now; moving him hurts a bit more than promoting Cox.

quickccc

Reaction score

but isn't short term IR at least 8 games minimum .. ? ... Half a season !