Don't argue bad calls with this ref.!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) -- A South African soccer referee pulled a gun and shot dead a coach who questioned one of his rulings, police said on Sunday.
Inspector Mali Govender of the Grahamstown police in the Eastern Cape province said a fight broke out after the referee gave a yellow warning card to a player in a local match on Saturday.
"There was an altercation...and the referee became threatened when the other team approached him because they were angry," Govender said. "So he pulled out a gun and killed the coach of the visiting team."
Govender said the coach died on the field while the referee fled the scene. Police were confident of making an arrest soon, she added.
South Africa has one of the world's highest murder rates with an alarming 47.4 murders per 100,000 people, or eight times the figure for the United States.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) --
South Africa has one of the world's highest murder rates with an alarming 47.4 murders per 100,000 people, or eight times the figure for the United States.

Maybe they could curb that murder rate if they put medal detectors in the Ref's locker room. :rolleyes: Man, I'm glad I live in America.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Maybe they could curb that murder rate if they put medal detectors in the Ref's locker room. :rolleyes: Man, I'm glad I live in America.

You know the ref could have ejected the coach, I would think shooting a man dead over a questionable ruling is a bit overboard. LOL

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) -- A South African soccer referee pulled a gun and shot dead a coach who questioned one of his rulings, police said on Sunday.
Inspector Mali Govender of the Grahamstown police in the Eastern Cape province said a fight broke out after the referee gave a yellow warning card to a player in a local match on Saturday.
"There was an altercation...and the referee became threatened when the other team approached him because they were angry," Govender said. "So he pulled out a gun and killed the coach of the visiting team."
Govender said the coach died on the field while the referee fled the scene. Police were confident of making an arrest soon, she added.
Who won the game?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are making a big joke outta this....

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Oh don't go getting all sensitive
A coach dies, and because he lives in africa, we make jokes about it. Pat tillman dies(after enrolling himself in a situation where he could die) and we make it a holiday...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RW31 said:
A coach dies, and because he lives in africa, we make jokes about it. Pat tillman dies(after enrolling himself in a situation where he could die) and we make it a holiday...

Well it never stopped other around the world of poking fun at us. Look if your offended then sorry but frankly I could careless about this little sensitivity crud that your trying to pull. It is a fricken joke guy nothing more. Lighten up

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Well it never stopped other around the world of poking fun at us. Look if your offended then sorry but frankly I could careless about this little sensitivity crud that your trying to pull. It is a fricken joke guy nothing more. Lighten up
Fine, I didn't really care that the guy died, but I don't think we should poke fun at him. Oh well, carry on, :p

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Fine, I didn't really care that the guy died, but I don't think we should poke fun at him. Oh well, carry on, :p
My guess is you got beat up alot as a kid.

jimmy40

Reaction score
RW31 said:
What's funny to me is that anyone could get that upset over soccer.