Don't know what is about the First Drive

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I just re-watched it and damn what happened? I may be naive, but I just refuse to believe that our offense can't be as explosive as it was on that first drive. The only thing I see so far is that Jacksonville adjusted and settled down and we never did adjust to what they were doing. I know it didn't help the Drew and Flo were horrible. If only we could stay in attack mode when it's time to attack. One thing I'm confident in is that we won't beat ourselves too many more times.

DipChit

Reaction score
Eh, the Texans prolly felt that way too, yesterday. ;)

You see that quite a bit where even lesser teams are able to come out and do something early.. I guess cause they're so sure about what they're doing early on cause of practicing certin plays so much.

Even when we were dominate in the 90's there was no shortage of games where we'd play some half-azzed team and they get something done early. Go up say 7-0.. and I'd think the D for some reason didnt show up and we'd be in for a long day.

Nevermind we'd outscore them 30-3 the rest of the way.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
its called the other teams making adjustments

gotta give credit to Jax coaching staff, they made all the right moves and did an awesome job of covering up a number of injuries...losing Hayward should have been a huge dropoff for their defense, but it wasnt

Parcells, Zimmer and the rest of our coaches were totally outcoached yesterday...

David

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Why is it that I do not EVER see half time coaching adjustments by the Cowboys? Never....

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
sbuscha said:
Why is it that I do not EVER see half time coaching adjustments by the Cowboys? Never....

That's Parcells' toilet time.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
DipChit said:
Eh, the Texans prolly felt that way too, yesterday. ;)

You see that quite a bit where even lesser teams are able to come out and do something early.. I guess cause they're so sure about what they're doing early on cause of practicing certin plays so much.

Even when we were dominate in the 90's there was no shortage of games where we'd play some half-azzed team and they get something done early. Go up say 7-0.. and I'd think the D for some reason didnt show up and we'd be in for a long day.

Nevermind we'd outscore them 30-3 the rest of the way.
I'd like to think that that you couldn't put the Texans in the same sentence.

DipChit

Reaction score
sbuscha said:

Because theres no camera in the locker room? ;)

I just think some of them wouldnt be evident by just watching on tv in the first place and in regards to other problems theres nothing you can do anyway if you're a run of the mill team.

Sure if you're a really good team and struggling one day for some reason you might have some options.

Take the 2nd SB against Buffalo. Obviously we were struggling on O in the first half. So the "adjustment" was handing it to Emmitt 8 out of the first 9 plays of the 2nd half and marching down the field for our first TD of the day.

Rest assured that type of "adjustment" wouldnt work with our current cast of characters if the passing game had issues.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
We'll see the Cowboys' offense put up some big scores before the season is over.

They really weren't too far from it yesterday ..., a pass here or there, Henry making the easy interception, and avoiding a few critical penalties.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
I just re-watched it and damn what happened? I may be naive, but I just refuse to believe that our offense can't be as explosive as it was on that first drive. The only thing I see so far is that Jacksonville adjusted and settled down and we never did adjust to what they were doing. I know it didn't help the Drew and Flo were horrible. If only we could stay in attack mode when it's time to attack. One thing I'm confident in is that we won't beat ourselves too many more times.

I believe that we will be more like our first drive as the season progresses.... we probably run away with the game or atleast score a couple of more TD's and less INT's if Drew wasnt so off.... lets see what happens next week....

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
adjustments? more like we got tired and they didn't

BlueStar22

Reaction score
bigbadroy said:
adjustments? more like we got tired and they didn't
if you believe that, you weren't watching the game. I will agree that our guys may have been gassed late but that wasn't the case to end the first half and 3rd quarter.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
if you believe that, you weren't watching the game.
go watch it again. our lines were winning in the 1st quater. from then on we were getting thrown around

BlueStar22

Reaction score
bigbadroy said:
go watch it again. our lines were winning in the 1st quater. from then on we were getting thrown around
so we got tired in the first quarter? The Jag front line had nothing tto do with it...:laugh2: