Dorance Armstrong could have a stronger market than some expected

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will be a bigger loss than most expect. Some think he is a jag but that simply isn't true.

Reactions: CWR

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think at this point we have to assume that if Armstrong fits the defensive scheme that Zimmer is implementing they would actively try to resign him, and if not, they won't.

It is not always about whether a player is good but whether they fit the requirements of the defensive scheme.

Sometimes the position itself is a lower priority to the defensive scheme, meaning it may be easier to find suitable replacements for that position because money has to be spent on other defensive positions which impact the defense more.

For example, Quinn liked smaller and faster linebackers, so they didn't put a lot of money into that position since they could slide in safeties and other hybrid players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh I always expected him to have a strong market. Free agency is where everyone gets overpaid. And Armstrong is a part time player for us. But someone will pay him to be a full time player for them. Tough spot. I think you have to let these caliber of players walk in free agency and find their replacements in the draft. Unless they think he has a higher ceiling than he's shown.

Carson

Reaction score
Armstrong is quality depth and special teamer. He’s actually been one of our more successful 4th rounders in recent history.

I fully expect him to sign with the Commanders.
Yep. He will go day one to Washington in a massive overpay

Sam Williams time

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Armstrong is a little above average.

Let him walk. He will want way too much money. Let Washington over pay.

Our pass rush went WAY down at the end of the season. We need an upgrade opposite Parsons.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Armstrong is a good 3rd DE glue-guy type, but he's not a starter, and I don't think he's going to do well with a starter workload.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not me. I'd imagine he's the premier free agent available. Special, special player.