Double Standard

Nexx

Reaction score
Is it me or why isnt anyone pointing out, while our D didnt play particularly well, the vaunted Eagles D with the "best" DB trio in the league got eaten alive by Romo and the our offense? McBriar punted how many times???

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
1. I dont care about the eagles team. They can eat my bunghole.

2. I have high expectations for this defense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nexx;2264200 said:
Is it me or why isnt anyone pointing out, while our D didnt play particularly well, the vaunted Eagles D with the "best" DB trio in the league got eaten alive by Romo and the our offense? McBriar punted how many times???

Because no one here cares about Philly. I do agree that it shows that a high powered offense can put up points on a quality defense, league rules have been set up for this type of game and when offenses are clicking it is hard to stop them. I also give credit to the Eagles O-line who played pretty darn well.

sago1

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Including Felix's TD return, we put up 41 points on Johnson's defense. If that's their plan to stop him, we'll go 16-0 cause I doubt he fumbles the ball twice in the end zone. Like Pacman said after Eagles beat the Rams 38-3, the Rams aren't the Cowboys.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
man, the eagles have my respect......

We are not the Rams......but, they did not blink

links18

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2264206 said:
Because no one here cares about Philly. I do agree that it shows that a high powered offense can put up points on a quality defense, league rules have been set up for this type of game and when offenses are clicking it is hard to stop them. I also give credit to the Eagles O-line who played pretty darn well.

I don't care how terrible the Eagles D is, I do care that my own D couldn't get any pressure early and played a BS soft zone all game......

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nexx;2264200 said:

While I'm very concerned about our D...YES-I'm shocked the media hasn't said a peep about this so-called "vaunted" Eagles D getting lit up.

If you think our team has problems, THAT team, despite ALL the hype from TC, has some major problems the media is giving them a pass on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
links18;2264435 said:
I don't care how terrible the Eagles D is, I do care that my own D couldn't get any pressure early and played a BS soft zone all game......

And that D played better in the 2nd half hold Philly to 7 points and that D stopped the Eagles on 2 big occasions after Dallas took the lead and then when we failed to convert the 3rd down and gave Philly one last chance. I want to see the D play better but I have been watching Cowboys football and the NFL long enough to know these type of game are going to happen. There is a room for improvement on both sides of the ball and we will see how we progress as the season moves on.

links18

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2264457 said:
And that D played better in the 2nd half hold Philly to 7 points and that D stopped the Eagles on 2 big occasions after Dallas took the lead and then when we failed to convert the 3rd down and gave Philly one last chance. I want to see the D play better but I have been watching Cowboys football and the NFL long enough to know these type of game are going to happen. There is a room for improvement on both sides of the ball and we will see how we progress as the season moves on.

Yes, that is true and I have acknowledged it in other threads.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
links18;2264478 said:
Yes, that is true and I have acknowledged it in other threads.....

And I have acknowledged I want to see better play as well but when they needed to step up they did and that says a lot to me. ESPN crew was talking about how the Dallas D looked gassed yet they maintained and did the job when we needed it the most.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Real1st;2264202 said:
1. I dont care about the eagles team. They can eat my bunghole.

2. I have high expectations for this defense.

QFT

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

this isn't an eagle board.