Draft 2010

garyv

Reaction score
Hey Guy's we are all cherishing the moment. Through all this fun I was kind of pondering the April Draft and what we could take in the late 1st Round and have been thinking the best thing to do is some younger OL what is your take?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Geez man let us enjoy the victory for a while. :laugh2:

To answer the question....the same thing I have been saying for years. Oline early and often.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
OL, possibly DL depending on who we resign, safety, ILB, always can use more corners. Maybe a WR, but I don't think that's a position of need unless someone really good happens to fall to us in a middle round.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Another top OT or OG, a player like a young Erik Williams or Larry Allen;
A top FS with speed to kill like a ed reed or palomalu, just not soldon ken hamlin
A big bruising fullback,why, barber maybe on the decline, starting to get beat up, we have choice and felix, so a big bruising runner, there are some big blockers that you should be able to draft in the 3rd or 4th round.
What we need now in the draft is quality players, not quanity like last year. So, get 3 to 5 impact players so this takes this team to another level. As far as linebackers need, dont forget we will have brandon williams coming back from IR next year with stephen hodge who the cowboys plan to play at inside linebacker too and you have jason williams who will play at inside linebacker too. Marcus Spears will be a restricted free agent too like miles austin too, so we need impact players next year, possibly another top cb too with newman pushing 32 next year.

so OT or OG to step in for flozell or columbo, doug free can only play one spot
FS or top CB
speedy wr that is a killer on punt and kickoff returns
big bruising fullback or big halfback to replace barber

we have a
!, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7

if we can trade barber for a number one and 3 or 4th rounder i would do it.

that way you can get 4 to 5 impact young players

fullbacks arent normally taken till 4th round, we need a big bruising runner

there are 3 good fullbacks in this years draft

Bigdog

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3217566 said:
Another top OT or OG, a player like a young Erik Williams or Larry Allen;
A top FS with speed to kill like a ed reed or palomalu, just not soldon ken hamlin
A big bruising fullback,why, barber maybe on the decline, starting to get beat up, we have choice and felix, so a big bruising runner, there are some big blockers that you should be able to draft in the 3rd or 4th round.
What we need now in the draft is quality players, not quanity like last year. So, get 3 to 5 impact players so this takes this team to another level. As far as linebackers need, dont forget we will have brandon williams coming back from IR next year with stephen hodge who the cowboys plan to play at inside linebacker too and you have jason williams who will play at inside linebacker too. Marcus Spears will be a restricted free agent too like miles austin too, so we need impact players next year, possibly another top cb too with newman pushing 32 next year.

so OT or OG to step in for flozell or columbo, doug free can only play one spot
FS or top CB
speedy wr that is a killer on punt and kickoff returns
big bruising fullback or big halfback to replace barber

we have a
!, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7

if we can trade barber for a number one and 3 or 4th rounder i would do it.

that way you can get 4 to 5 impact young players

fullbacks arent normally taken till 4th round, we need a big bruising runner

there are 3 good fullbacks in this years draft

Cowboyjoe,
I agree with all of this except for barber getting a 1 and 3rd or 4th. We be lucky get a 2nd for him. If someone does give us a 1, we should jump all over it.