Draft Event at The Star

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Cowbo...0-E8-BF-0D-E2-0D-81170412_113422DallasCowboys

3 day draft event at the Star, free admission.

I won't attend, and actually think they would get a better turnout if held at the more centralized location at the stadium.
The stadium is 7 miles straight north of me, as for Frisco, maybe 45 minute drive.
If the actual draft was held there, there I may go.
Last year I couldn't make it, but this year I could. Who knows I may get to go, but right now that drive would interfere with things I need to do.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Cowboys-fans-can-attend-three-day-draft-party-at-The-Star-52270602?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170412_113422_Dallas Cowboys&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=9D-B8-D5-8C-84-40-74-9A-E0-C0-E8-BF-0D-E2-0D-81170412_113422DallasCowboys

I won't attend, and actually think they would get a better turnout if held at the more centralized location at the stadium.
The stadium is 7 miles straight north of me, as for Frisco, maybe 45 minute drive.
Last year I couldn't make it, but this year I could. Who knows I may get to go, but right now that drive would interfere with things I need to do.
Take a CowboysZone poster with you, if you do go.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Completely agree. The big screen at the stadium makes it a prime location for the draft event with the actual draft being hosted in Philly. The only reason I would prefer the draft event to be at the Star in Frisco would be if that was the actual host location of the draft... maybe next year.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Cowboys-fans-can-attend-three-day-draft-party-at-The-Star-52270602?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170412_113422_Dallas Cowboys&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=9D-B8-D5-8C-84-40-74-9A-E0-C0-E8-BF-0D-E2-0D-81170412_113422DallasCowboys

But parking is $50 per car... :omg:

LittleD

Reaction score

If you can't go, Broaddus, Brugler, Cavenough, etc will be doing a video of non-stop, gavel to gavel coverage of the entire draft
on the Cowboys DC.com website. The will also have the secret video and secret calls to all the draft picks. Best coverage of the
draft bar none. You'll be at the Star by internet.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys fans have a unique opportunity to celebrate the 2017 NFL Draft.

The team is hosting a three-day event at The Star in Frisco that coincides with the three days of the draft. Those who attend the event — which runs from Thursday, April 27, to Saturday, April 29 — will get to engage in various forms of entertainment and celebrate the draft picks with other Cowboys fans.

Best of all: Admission and parking for the event are totally free.

Included in the entertainment are live interviews with members of the Cowboys front office, autograph sessions with Cowboys players, performances from the Cowboys cheerleaders, a drum line performance, attractions and games and much more.

The Cowboys are also introducing an inaugural Draft Day 5K. Check out a map of the race below.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
ME, too. I'm about 7ish miles away here in South Irving. I'm still going to go to the draft party because my friend basically puts that whole thing together. I'll get free food and Miller Light (meh) all night, and it gives me an opportunity to see a friend that lives in Allen. He's a Dolphins fan, but wants to go.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ME, too. I'm about 7ish miles away here in South Irving. I'm still going to go to the draft party because my friend basically puts that whole thing together. I'll get free food and Miller Light (meh) all night, and it gives me an opportunity to see a friend that lives in Allen. He's a Dolphins fan, but wants to go.

Cool deal.
Agree on the Miller Lite (meh). But then a long long time ago in a bar not so far away, I drank Coors Light (meh)...because most drank Miller or Bud. So had to be different. LOL. Until they started getting in different beers that I liked better, just for me...LOL...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It makes sense to have it where Jerry and Co. are located. Maybe Jerry will come out to address the crowd.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Cool deal.
Agree on the Miller Lite (meh). But then a long long time ago in a bar not so far away, I drank Coors Light (meh)...because most drank Miller or Bud. So had to be different. LOL. Until they started getting in different beers that I liked better, just for me...LOL...
Now I'm on Michelob Ultra because I'm older, and have to watch the carbs. Lol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now I'm on Michelob Ultra because I'm older, and have to watch the carbs. Lol

Yeah, that was what I started on after the Coors Light, the Ultra and Ultra Amber. Also Heineken and Sam Adams. But don't drink at all now...too many meds, but once off of them I will have a few beers. But not like I use to. LOL.