Draft Grades from Kiper & others...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;4541628 said:
What do the numbers say in short yardage and/or redzone?

That and what are the numbers when we aren't running draws and delays to scheme movement.

When the Cowboys run it when the defense knows they're running it, what's the numbers? Laughably bad is what they are. Which is why we had a historically low number of rushing TDs last year.

I don't need a calculator to know our offensive line sucks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Double Trouble;4542022 said:
The Rams' skews all the running stats. Every team has a game, good or bad, that does that sometimes, but rarely do you see a game like Dallas had against StL. The Cowboys had 4 or 5 games where they could run the ball, mostly against bad teams, and the rest was not good.

When they absolutely had to, the Cowboys could not run the ball. Inside or out. Like the last game of the year. The OL needed a lot of help this offseason, and the Cowboys put little effort towards it.

Correct. Which makes this offseason a failure.

You got the Director of Player Personnel talking about how they tried to win it last year with Alan Ball and Frank Walker on the field. That was the problem.

But he also tried to win it with Montrae Holland, Phil Costa, Bill Nagy, Derrick Dockery and Kyle Kosier seeing the field too. That was the bigger problem.

He addressed secondary and ignored primary. Now we try to win it this year with Nate Livings, Phil Costa and MacKenzie Bernadeau.

I feel like Phil Connors being woken up by "I Got You, Babe" blaring out of the alarm clock.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Risen Star;4542992 said:
Correct. Which makes this offseason a failure.

You got the Director of Player Personnel talking about how they tried to win it last year with Alan Ball and Frank Walker on the field. That was the problem.

But he also tried to win it with Montrae Holland, Phil Costa, Bill Nagy, Derrick Dockery and Kyle Kosier seeing the field too. That was the bigger problem.

He addressed secondary and ignored primary. Now we try to win it this year with Nate Livings, Phil Costa and MacKenzie Bernadeau.

I feel like Phil Connors being woken up by "I Got You, Babe" blaring out of the alarm clock.

:laugh2: (One of the only pop songs to feature the Oboe) Only time will tell if our "new" O-Line will be an improivement. Having a savvy FB like Vickers and a healthy Murray could also help. I'm not feeling the same level of pessimism as you, but I do have concerns. Is there another shot at FA vets, or is that market all dried up? I make no claim to be an evaluator of Offesnsive Linemen, but I'd love to hear our coaching staff's candid view of the interior guys. (I don't believe I'll hear a real critical assessment, but I can always hope)