Draft Points: What Would It Take to Move UP

sjordan6

Reaction score
Here is the link for what it would take for the Cowboys to move up. IF Cleveland were to not make the playoffs and have the 18th/19th pick, then it would still be pretty expensive to move up in the top 5.

Here's a thought. Why not franchise the 33 year old to be in May Flozel Adams( equivalent to two first rounders but has about 4 Pro Bowls under his belt) and ship him to a top ten team for Clevelands pick and also receive a 2nd or 3rd round pick in return. This would allow the Boys to seriously negotiate a deal to move into the top two or three picks to take MCfadden and not Dikta the whole draft to do so and not have to pay a HUGE salary for a good yet aging player when you have some young guys (Free, McQuistan) ready to step up.

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

Eddie

Reaction score
If it comes down to it, I'd rather us trade our 2nd first rounder for a 2009 1st round pick. No point using all the picks when we're on top ... we're going to need them one day when we fall back to the pack.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Eddie;1861387 said:
If it comes down to it, I'd rather us trade our 2nd first rounder for a 2009 1st round pick. No point using all the picks when we're on top ... we're going to need them one day when we fall back to the pack.

Interesting thought...

but... we need to shore up more than 1-2 positions NOW.

So I dont think we can afford to do that.

Shoring positions NOW could be the start of NFC East or complete NFC dominance for 4-5 years.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have no interest in trading up unless someone is allowing us to basically steal from them.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I think trading the second 1st rounder for extra and next year is a good idea.

I do not think we will get the same deal we did last time....

But if a good deal comes along - no matter the pick - the first or 2nd first rounder we should go for it if the talent level is about the same and we have spotted someone there later in the first we could use.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile;1861408 said:
I have no interest in trading up unless someone is allowing us to basically steal from them.

I am so bummed by this move up and draft mcfadden crowd... they are building this guy up to be superman and when he is not they are gonna proclaim him a bust...

I personally don't think he is gonna make it in the NFL and I swear if I could tell you why I would...but be that as it may if he turns out to be a GREAT RB for 5-6 years he still isn't gonna be worth the three #1's and other picks we would have to give up...now if we had a top 5 pick than the move up wouldn't be perhaps so drastic.

Than we can get into salary cap money... is a GREAT RB worth having over 2-3 Good to Very Good players...

Than we can get into the makeup of the team...right now the Cowboys are a passing team...their Salary cap money is tied up into it...it is what this team does best...do we than scrap that to try and become a running team? While balance is good one is always used to set up the other...

I really just don't see the logic in it when we can upgrade positions in true need of upgrading...jmho

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1861408 said:

THANK you. Common sense prevails yet again.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I said on a earlier post, that Norm said it would take both of this years #1's, next years #1 and a couple of young players like Burnett and Free.