draft question?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
so now with the signing of hamlin, i think we are going pass rusher in the 1st round. i think wade is gonna finish what parcells started and build a dominating Defense. anybody else think we go pass rusher in the 1st?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The way the recent free agency signings are going, I would think they might just draft the best player available regardless of position...although I would like them to focus on replacing Ellis soon...

fortdick

Reaction score
Not another pass rusher in the first, please. We have Ware and spears that were supposed to be the guys. Let's go WR or CB in the first, maybe LT. Carp will get plenty of pressure from the left side.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am thinking that CB would probably have the highest visibility early on. 1st or second. Depending on what Wade thinks of the Mont- we might be looking at NT in the third or so. Maybe a C/G guy to back up Gurode in the third or fourth. Really, we have no real serious NEEDS now.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1433547 said:
I am thinking that CB would probably have the highest visibility early on. 1st or second. Depending on what Wade thinks of the Mont- we might be looking at NT in the third or so. Maybe a C/G guy to back up Gurode in the third or fourth. Really, we have no real serious NEEDS now.
ain't it cool:D

sago1

Reaction score
We certainly do have rather serious needs at following positions:

1. Glenn is 35 & Henry turns 31; we need pick up quality CB who can step in and start in 08.

2. TO turns 34 in Dec and Glenn's 33; Crayton is a good #3 and possibly can be a good #2 but no way his he a #1 WR nor is Glenn. How good Hurd and Austin can be is unknown but don't believe either can be a #1 WR so if a good WR who can be a #1 in the NFL is on the boards when we pick, maybe we think about it.

3. Ferguson is 32 and we've got no viable backup to him at the very demanding NT position. There are 3-4 DTs available in this draft with the size/mentality to play that position. Unless Branch falls to us at #22 and assuming we not concerned about his lack of motivation, etc., doubt we use first round pick on a DT. But you never know.

4. We also need pick up a backup for Gurode. That can be addressed in FA but for what it is worth Blaylock can play both OG and C. Since our two backups don't have any game day experience, he might be a consideration if he's there in 2nd round. Doubt we draft him in first unless we trade down.

5. We also only have McQuistan behind Adams and know little about him except Parcells liked him and believed he is our future starting LT. We might have to address OT position but not necessary in the first round cause there always the possibility we re-sign Adams or at least extend his contract for 2-3 years but at what financial cost?

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I would love for us to get Revis (CB) or Meacham (WR) (as Mel Kiper is predicting). If we want Branch I agree w/ the earlier post to trade down and pick up extra picks. I would be happy to snag that guy Soliai (sp???) the NT fron Utah in the 2nd or 3rd...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
sago1;1433583 said:
We certainly do have rather serious needs at following positions:

Those are great needs because as you pointed out those players are getting up in age...

The good thing about it is, at least they are good players that can carry us this year (hopefully), and if those positions come around during the draft, then get the best one that you can get...

burmafrd

Reaction score
Needs are defined by me as having to draft them THIS year. We are good from that point of view. If a really good G/C, CB, WR, NT drops to us we grab him. If not we just find really good players- or guys that need a year or two to develope but have the raw physical requirements.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
burmafrd;1433623 said:
Needs are defined by me as having to draft them THIS year. We are good from that point of view. If a really good G/C, CB, WR, NT drops to us we grab him. If not we just find really good players- or guys that need a year or two to develope but have the raw physical requirements.

The NT is the one position that I am concerned about this year...!

So far I don't think the Boyz have addressed that yet...have they? :confused:

Who is backing him up, by the way?