Draft Thread! Woo Hoo

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
yeah I know, it's October but I thought this recent Roy Williams trade puts a spin on our 09' draft plans beyond the fact we no longer own a #1 pick. this whole idea was brought up from a draft board I was reading that asked fans of teams to post what they thought was their teams draft needs as they are right now in the season.

I really struggled to find an area that I could point at and say that's what we need to address.

The only thing I could come up with was RT IF Columbo leaves and possible LB or DE depending on what happens with Burnett and Spears. I also pointed out the obvious, QB depth (backup to Romo) and maybe a 3rd TE.

Just curious as to what you guys think.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
absolute best players available..we wont have to draft for need.....but

maybe Safety, QB to groom, O-line depth and more CBs

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
we need to add depth at OLine. We need to upgrade at the DE position Spears and Canty aren't getting it done. Tank needs to go. Carp needs to go cause he sucks. So we need an ILB also. We could use someone to replace Ellis and a safety to bring in to add depth.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dadymat;2340981 said:
absolute best players available..we wont have to draft for need.....but

maybe Safety, QB to groom, O-line depth and more CBs

y would we draft more CB's might as well draft another RB......or TE......

MONT17

Reaction score
Wow we r talkin about draft needs! Can we at least wait until the playoffs r over... Oh! wait a minute, I get it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry has started his thang.

Draft is critical to a teams long term success. Overpaying for free agents or trading away the future for players can be dicy. I hope we keep the ball on our 53 man roster overall talent and don't go back to 1998 overpay core "stars" and kill roster then fall apart.

Parcells built this team right as GM, I am starting to see JJ cracking things with his moves.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2340994 said:
y would we draft more CB's might as well draft another RB......or TE......

this is an opinion thread.........so in my opinion I believe T-New is only gonna give us another few productive years i love me some T-New but he may already be pretty much done(remember this is jus my opinion) and Henry is getting a little worn and may not be here much longer, Ball sucks , Pac gone and whats the chances of Jenkins AND Scandrick both becoming real good? so for depth i think it wouldnt hurt to grab another in this draft

Aven8

Reaction score
PASS RUSHERS! Of any sort! That's what's killing us.

I think we made a huge mistake letting go of Ferguson!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nors;2341111 said:

Draft is critical to a teams long term success. Overpaying for free agents or trading away the future for players can be dicy. I hope we keep the ball on our 53 man roster overall talent and don't go back to 1998 overpay core "stars" and kill roster then fall apart.

Parcells built this team right as GM, I am starting to see JJ cracking things with his moves.

We will have 11 draft picks next year ..... plus a 26 year old veteran WR that we got with our very high number 1.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I actually like Spears but if I had to lose Spears, Ratliff, or Canty it would be Spears. I like Ratliff's toughness and his versatility but I think he'd make a much better LDE in the 3-4. I'm all for keeping them all but worried that with Canty about to hit free agency (Tank Johnson too), someone has to go.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2341280 said:
We will have 11 draft picks next year ..... plus a 26 year old veteran WR that we got with our very high number 1.

You assume a high #1. Crayton has better #'s than Roy #11 and will not get into a #1,#3,#6 and $50+m for #11 Fracas - it now is what it is.

9 of the 11 are late day 2 - lets get that clear.

And Dallas was scoring near 30 points a game pre Roy #11. Lets see if we get to what 35? 40? 45? with him now?

I already see plan B fallback - LOL

TEUFELI

Reaction score
Nors;2341111 said:

Draft is critical to a teams long term success.
Overpaying for free agents or trading away the future for players can be dicy. I hope we keep the ball on our 53 man roster overall talent and don't go back to 1998 overpay core "stars" and kill roster then fall apart.

Really? Good Stuff Man.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nors;2341292 said:
9 of the 11 are late day 2 - lets get that clear.

And only 1 pick we gave for Roy Williams was a first day ..... lets get that clear.

the other 2 were mid too late 2nd day.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
zrinkill;2341304 said:
And only 1 pick we gave for Roy Williams was a first day ..... lets get that clear.

the other 2 were mid too late 2nd day.

Clear, comprehensive, rational and educated go right above his head. If you can't find it on google or on a draft site he's not going to understand it.