Draft wish

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
At 22 I don't see the cowboys getting a diffrence maker and the guys mentioned as possibilities can be clustered with many others so...
We give the 22-53-87 picks to the falcons for 39-44-75-109-121. Whom to get with those picks I'll leave to Ireland.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
L-O-Jete;1444581 said:
At 22 I don't see the cowboys getting a diffrence maker and the guys mentioned as possibilities can be clustered with many others so...
We give the 22-53-87 picks to the falcons for 39-44-75-109-121. Whom to get with those picks I'll leave to Ireland.

Why would you do this? I think this draft has talent that can be developed down through the 3rd round. After that, you have guys who are probably more likely to fail then they are to succeed. Why would you trade down from 22 and give up three picks in the first three rounds in order to gain three picks in the first three rounds and two additional picks in day two? Heck, we need to be thinking about unloading day two picks, IMO, as opposed to increasing them. JMO but I don't see a lot of those guys making our team. Whey aquire more of them?

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1444730 said:
Why would you do this? I think this draft has talent that can be developed down through the 3rd round. After that, you have guys who are probably more likely to fail then they are to succeed. Why would you trade down from 22 and give up three picks in the first three rounds in order to gain three picks in the first three rounds and two additional picks in day two? Heck, we need to be thinking about unloading day two picks, IMO, as opposed to increasing them. JMO but I don't see a lot of those guys making our team. Whey aquire more of them?
Even with good scouting I consider the draft to be a crapshoot, so there is safety in numbers, you drop out of the first, but move up in the 2nd and 3rd, which goes to your moving up (from 53 to 44 and 87 to 75) plus you get 2 high 4th rounders, I like high 4th rounders because you get to sit back and get a view of what you've done with your 1st day picks I feel 3rd rounders tend to be more "desperation picks" since it's at the end of a crazy day and there's the pressure of not screwing up your 1st day picks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
L-O-Jete;1444814 said:
Even with good scouting I consider the draft to be a crapshoot, so there is safety in numbers, you drop out of the first, but move up in the 2nd and 3rd, which goes to your moving up (from 53 to 44 and 87 to 75) plus you get 2 high 4th rounders, I like high 4th rounders because you get to sit back and get a view of what you've done with your 1st day picks I feel 3rd rounders tend to be more "desperation picks" since it's at the end of a crazy day and there's the pressure of not screwing up your 1st day picks.

OK...

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
The Falcons have some interesting picks. I'd look into trying to acquire their two second round picks after moving down in the first. Give up some of your surplus day 2 picks to do it (since the two high seconds are worth more than the first alone).

It'd give you three second round picks to land what should be decent value.

Totally unrealistic scenario, but I see Dallas moving some of those day 2 picks. Its highly unlikely that 10 players will make the current roster.

The more likely scenario would be to used those extra day 2 picks to move up at the start of Day 2 and grab someone who dropped.