Draftcountdown new mock(Iupati)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
AD going #8 :(
Bulaga #9 :eek:
Earl Thomas #18
Iupati going to the Cowboys

Makes sense. They love Free and will probably want to go one more year w/ Flo/Colombo.

Iupati might just start day 1

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
As much as I want a true OT, I would love Iupati. Just started scratching his potential and has very good size/strength/speed measurables. He might even be able to move over to OT.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;3249685 said:
As much as I want a true OT, I would love Iupati. Just started scratching his potential and has very good size/strength/speed measurables. He might even be able to move over to OT.

Good point, Free at LT, Iups at RT might be a possibilty

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Iupati is mean. He would fit in well with Colombo. If we draft Iupati we should expect several training camp fights over the next few years (not saying that's a bad thing).

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Pretty cool interview on the site too. Says hes 6'5" 1/2, 320, and runs a 5.2

Says his shoulder is completely healed

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
I would love to get Iupati. Besides Dez Bryant I think he's the best player in the draft. If we do get him I hope we keep him at guard though. He has a lot more value there.

Start Free at RT and have Flo play another year at LT, with Colombo being the swing tackle.

newlander

Reaction score
.aaaah NO way colombo could play LT. My gosh, he has enough trouble playing RT for god sakes. This Iupati kid is everyone's pick on here, which tells me we won't get him. Last year every mock said: "S- Patrick Chung" and we didn't get him either. .

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
My concern with drafting an OG is that *I have read on this board that* Kosier helps Gurode w/ the line calls. If we're having trouble recognizing blitzes and blocking assignments now, then how bad will we be when Gurode doesn't have help w/ the calls anymore?

If they're going to draft an OG, they had better get a starting-quality OC and I don't see that happening due to Gurode's Pro Bowl status.

So, they can either draft an OT to pair w/ Free and an OC to allow Gurode to compete w/ Kosier, or they have to draft OT, OG and OC.....and hit on all of them. Doesn't seem too likely.

newlander

Reaction score
more proof that Gurode isn't too bright: Centers ALWAYS make those calls.....man, he's just..........I won't say it............