Drew Bennett | WR: Anyone Interested?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
#83 Drew Bennett | WR: leaving options open
<Feb. 15> Bennett's not dead set on leaving Tennessee, but he's definitely interested in seeing what he's worth on the free-agent market.

"It would take something strong for me to not test the market," Bennett told The Tennessean. "That's not saying we can't get anything done before March 2. But yeah, it would take a very strong effort on their part for me after three years not to wait the next two weeks."

Bennett led the Titans with 46 receptions for 737 yards last season. The 6-foot-5, 206-pounder signed a three-year deal with Tennessee in 2004 worth roughly $6 million.

Stat Overview Receiving Rushing Fumbles
SPLIT REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2006 46 737 16.0 39 3 0 0 0.0 0 0 2 1
Career 273 4033 14.8 55 25 2 15 7.5 12 0 4 1
Transactions

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
He reminds me alot of Matt Jones. Yeah I would like to see him here or Dante Stallsworth.

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;1380293 said:
He reminds me alot of Matt Jones. Yeah I would like to see him here or Dante Stallsworth.

Matt Jones is an inch taller and has 4.3 speed... Bennent couldnt run a 4.3 forty with the wind and on Ohio State 37 Yard Track

mmillman

Reaction score
how old is he? Dallas needs to start thinking about starters with the aging wr's they have.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bennet, Steinbach, Carr and a quality CB like Clements with the money we save by trading Jones, cutting Bledsoe, Rivera and Owens.

That plugs a whole at FS by switching Henry, Steinbach is an upgrade over Rivera, Carr is better than Bledsoe, Clements and Newman would be the best cb tandem in the league. Bennet is not as explosive as Owens but he will move the chains and compliment Glenn better.

Reaction score
mmillman;1380316 said:
how old is he? Dallas needs to start thinking about starters with the aging wr's they have.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bennet, Steinbach, Carr and a quality CB like Clements with the money we save by trading Jones, cutting Bledsoe, Rivera and Owens.

That plugs a whole at FS by switching Henry, Steinbach is an upgrade over Rivera, Carr is better than Bledsoe, Clements and Newman would be the best cb tandem in the league. Bennet is not as explosive as Owens but he will move the chains and compliment Glenn better.

Jones was a second round pick and is getting paid second round money. He is hardly the problem..

And cut T.O and replace him with a slower Keyshawn , without the hands..

Might as well trade for Mike Williams while you are at it..

mmillman

Reaction score
Jones is not the answer and he showed signs of becoming a problem with playing time. Barber is better anyway.

Owens is talented but not worth the headache and he was a drive killer last year. Yeah he caught a few touchdowns but that was because he demanded the ball or he would throw a fit at the coaches or qb's. I am still not convinced he didn't try and take too many pills on purpose. Too much baggage and he is getting to the age where his talent declines enough and injuries happen. Those crossing pattern and hitch third down dropped balls Bennet can run and Glenn can do what he does best and that is stretch the defense.

mmillman

Reaction score
Bennet has great hands and will catch the ball, without the problems, is younger, and cheaper. Most good teams have a posession type wr and a deep threat for a reason. You need a first down you have to throw to someone reliable or the drive is over. Irvin excelled when teams had to respect Harper deep.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
mmillman;1380316 said:

DUMB!!!

Common Sense

Reaction score
Nothing against Bennett at all, but I don't think he's much better than Crayton, and he's too old to come in as a #4, especially since it's time for the 'Boys to start grooming some young talent at the bottom of the depth chart.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
Common Sense;1380548 said:
Nothing against Bennett at all, but I don't think he's any better than Crayton, and he's too old to come in as a #4, especially since it's time for the 'Boys to start grooming some young talent at the bottom of the depth chart.
Agreed...he is not a need here. Unless Firecrotch is going to go Mike Martz on us I don't see us getting much out of him beyond being a 4th WR.

Reaction score
carphalen5150;1380551 said:
Agreed...he is not a need here. Unless Firecrotch is going to go Mike Martz on us I don't see us getting much out of him beyond being a 4th WR.

If firecrotch is going "Mad Mike", then Dallas needs to sign Kevin Curtis and sign T-New's daddy.. Mike Furrey

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
drew bennett is a very good receiver..

i have no problem with him putting on a dallas cowboy helmet.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cbz40;1380094 said:
#83 Drew Bennett | WR: leaving options open
<Feb. 15> Bennett's not dead set on leaving Tennessee, but he's definitely interested in seeing what he's worth on the free-agent market.

"It would take something strong for me to not test the market," Bennett told The Tennessean. "That's not saying we can't get anything done before March 2. But yeah, it would take a very strong effort on their part for me after three years not to wait the next two weeks."

Bennett led the Titans with 46 receptions for 737 yards last season. The 6-foot-5, 206-pounder signed a three-year deal with Tennessee in 2004 worth roughly $6 million.

Stat Overview Receiving Rushing Fumbles
SPLIT REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2006 46 737 16.0 39 3 0 0 0.0 0 0 2 1
Career 273 4033 14.8 55 25 2 15 7.5 12 0 4 1
Transactions

I will pass on Bennett.

My brother is a huge Titan's fan so I ended up watching alot of Titan games this past season because of Vince Young (he is a man among boys out there).

I was not really impressed with Bennett. He is very tall, but slow as a dog fellas, possession reciver all the way. Since he is the best of the crop this year, he is going to get bidded up very quick.

Not worth the price tag in my opinion.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;1381908 said:
I say sign Jeff Garcia/Dante Stallsworth.
No way.

Garcia will demand a starting job.

Stallworth will be retained by the Eagles.

You really need to start looking past names and at realistic possibilities.

Oh and your sig is now waaaaaaaaaay out of date.