News: DT Andrew Brown NFL Draft Profile

CCBoy

Reaction score
DT Andrew Brown NFL Draft Profile
http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/nfl-draft/news/112874/dt-andrew-brown-nfl-draft-profile.html/

Strengths:
Andrew Brown has one of the better first steps in this draft class. Extremely explosive off the ball and gets into the backfield quickly. Very strong in his upper body, but also has enough muscle in his lower half to allow him to take on double teams at only 294 lbs. Knows how to use his hands and has power behind his punch at the point of attack. Has extremely long arms (35″) and knows how to use them to leverage blockers when rushing the passer and to keep his distance when playing the run, which is something he was very good at his last two years at UVA. Converts his speed to power well which has a lot to do with his ability to create leverage when taking on taller offensive lineman. Extremely smart young man that uses his intelligence on the field to sniff out plays and plan his rushes. Even better off the field than he is on the field, has all the tools to be dominant at the next level.

Weaknesses:
Doesn’t have a ton of pass rush moves, wins by using his raw power and speed. A defensive line coach will teach him a few ways to rush and he will get even better. Some would consider a “tweener” at only 294 lbs, but he didn’t get bullied on the inside at UVA. May want to add some weight once he does make it to the league. First two years at UVA, he was too aggressive getting upfield, but the last two years, he showed great improvements in playing more disciplined in UVA’s 3-4 scheme.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Love that you find these CC, to me, would far rather see Brown on the Cowboys than Hurst. If they are really going to make Maliek Collins play the 1 - and I hate the idea. But if they do, Brown would be ideal next to him.
Cant say why I feel this way, (about Brown over Hurst) just not a Hurst fan. And would free up #19 for a different position ...

Centex

Reaction score
Brown might be a first round pick if he played for Michigan or a dozen other teams I believe. He was top ten highschool recruit in the nation when he signed with Virginia. He had close to the same production as Hurst and is bigger and faster. Hurst had 12.5 tfl and 5 sacks. Brown had 10.5 and 3.5.

tm1119

Reaction score
Real big fan of Brown. He really wasn’t even used correctly at Virginia. You can see him dropping back in zone coverage more than a handfull of times in some games. He’s 1 of the better 3 tech prospects in my opinion.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
He was a bit of a disappointment for the Cavs. In hindsight, perhaps the expectations were too great. Has tools, just need to figure out the motor.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Love that you find these CC, to me, would far rather see Brown on the Cowboys than Hurst. If they are really going to make Maliek Collins play the 1 - and I hate the idea. But if they do, Brown would be ideal next to him.
Cant say why I feel this way, (about Brown over Hurst) just not a Hurst fan. And would free up #19 for a different position ...

Brown is just quicker than Hurst...W/O a doubt. He really opened up my eyes in the Sr Bowl. Was constantly in the backfield creating havoc...Kind of reminded me a little bit of La'Roy Glover.;)