Dual Monitor Problem

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
The good news is that I got my Dual Panel monitor, it is a Max Display Dual Panel 19”(2). The bad news is only one panel is working. Here is the run down.

My NVIDIA 5600 FX has a VGA output and a DVI output. My new monitor has two DVI inputs. My OS is XP Pro and my existing card is capable of handling Dual screen monitors but the one caveat is biting me in the arse, my monitor doesn’t work with a DVI to VGA adapter. :mad:

Now my first question is can I buy a PCI DVI video card and use it in conjunction with my AGP card? If so is it necessary to change the jumper settings to get them to work in tandem? Also, which brand do you all suggest? Help is greatly appreciated.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
You can use a PCI DVI card to run in parallel w/ your AGP Nvidia card.

I would use this one

PCI BUS Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 128Mb Video Card V28

No setting changes. Just make sure your settings of each video card is pointing to a seperate monitor.

Right Click Desktop - Properties - SETTINGS TAB

Display Window will have a 1 and a 2 - click on each and assign a video card to it then set the screen res of what you want. Wahlah !!

Cookin...

Good Luck

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Dallas said:
You can use a PCI DVI card to run in parallel w/ your AGP Nvidia card.

I would use this one

PCI BUS Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 128Mb Video Card V28

No setting changes. Just make sure your settings of each video card is pointing to a seperate monitor.

Right Click Desktop - Properties - SETTINGS TAB

Display Window will have a 1 and a 2 - click on each and assign a video card to it then set the screen res of what you want. Wahlah !!

Cookin...

Good Luck
Thanks bro. I will order it right now and when I am totally up and operational I will post some pics.

That is why I love this place. :)