Dumb question--is the NFL schedule coming out today?

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but does the NFL release the new schedule today? PFT is quoting 2 newspapers as saying the Steelers-Dolphins will be the first game of the regular season.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
They'll probably announce the week 1 nationally televised games today. The full schedule won't be released until mid-April live on NFL Network.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
This is probably a dumb question, but does the NFL release the new schedule today? PFT is quoting 2 newspapers as saying the Steelers-Dolphins will be the first game of the regular season.
it usually comes out in april.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/14195087.htm

This article seems to indicate it might be this week, also the following tid bits:

Dallas, Tampa Bay primetime hits?
The schedule is expected to be announced next week and it's a safe bet the Panthers will get several prime-time television games. The signing of Johnson might play into some scheduling.
"The Panthers already are a high-profile team after being to the Super Bowl a few years ago and getting to the NFC Championship Game," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Sunday. Adding Johnson "certainly isn't going to hurt that."
Other league officials indicated the schedule-makers are looking at meetings with Dallas and Tampa Bay as Sunday or Monday night games.
The game against the Cowboys will be in Charlotte and the Panthers will play NFC South rival Tampa Bay home and away.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, usually in April. It use to come out about a week after the draft. But that was also when the draft was held earlier in April. Seems it has been getting later in April the past several years. I can't remember when it changed, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, it started coming out more early, and became earlier each year. Usaully after the NCAA tournament. But now they realease the first weeks and some key prime time games first. Then follow within a week with the rest of the schedule.

Don't know why, but I guess they need to make a big production out of it now.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Another dumb question. For some reason I can't remember from year to year, but how long after the schedule comes out do tickets usually go on sale?

MadCow

Reaction score
It's my understanding that single game tickets begin selling in either June or July.