Dwayne Jarrett 40 times

Deputy493

Reaction score

Per GBN Report

March 28
(5:00 PM): Jarrett records average time… USC WR Dwayne Jarrett ran his 40s in 4.67 and 4.62 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.20 and the three-cone drill in 7.28. He also had a 36½-inch vertical and a 10-foot-1 broad jump. Jarrett weighed in at 214 lbs. so that 40 time would have to be considered rather average. Those comparisons to former Trojan and current Lions WR Mike Williams will continue to haunt Jarrett as he might have some trouble separating from pro corners. His production doesn't lie though and a team looking for a big possession receiver who can find the endzone will find Jarrett tough to overlook ... Cincinnati CB John Bowie blazed to 40 times of 4.37 and 4.39 at his Pro Day workout. That should grab some team's attention. His teammate, TE Brent Celek, ran a top 40 of 4.79 at 255 lbs. Celek has special teamer written all over him ... Wyoming S John Wendling had a great workout. At 222 lbs, Wendling ran both of his 40s in 4.48 seconds. He also had a 36½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-4 broad jump. Those numbers are sure to impress. Teammate Chase Johnson, a huge 6-8 328 lb. OT, ran a 5.41 40 and did 14 reps on the bench ... 25 NFL teams were represented at South Carolina's Pro Day, with all eyes looking straight at WR Sidney Rice's workout. Scouts said the conditions were ideal but Rice's agent didn't seem to think so and told Rice not to run. He did do the position drills but not running those 40s is sure not to impress the NFL honchos.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
wow... hmmmm. that 40s goign to hurt him. line backers can cover him... hes falling

Reaction score
:lmao:
4.6?? Well to be fare, Anquan Bolden ran in the 4.7's so you never know until the player hits the field. He sure lit up Texas in the Rosebowl a year ago so I wouldn't put my entire stock in 40's.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
Good for us...if he is there, which is a good possibility now, and we pass on him it will be a big mistake.

TheConnection

Reaction score
carphalen5150;1439551 said:
Good for us...if he is there, which is a good possibility now, and we pass on him it will be a big mistake.

oh the flash backs to Mike Williams.

He spent 3 months preparing for this one run and still could not manage a sub 4.6. All he did was prove he has reached his ceiling athletically and will struggle to get seperation from NFL caliber DB's.

The bigger mistake would be drafting him in the 1st round.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
TheConnection;1439563 said:
oh the flash backs to Mike Williams.

He spent 3 months preparing for this one run and still could not manage a sub 4.6. All he did was prove he has reached his ceiling athletically and will struggle to get seperation from NFL caliber DB's.

The bigger mistake would be drafting him in the 1st round.
Bigger WRs use their bodies to shield and get separation...I have no doubts he is going to be a good one despite his somewhat pedestrian time.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I am not impressed with USC WRs.....i never have been.

Now USC RBs.....that is a totally different story.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1439545 said:
:lmao:
4.6?? Well to be fare, Anquan Bolden ran in the 4.7's so you never know until the player hits the field. He sure lit up Texas in the Rosebowl a year ago so I wouldn't put my entire stock in 40's.

Yeah, but Bolden was not fully recovered from injuries when he ran his 4.7. People are going to point out the time between injury and workouts in the case of Boldin but the simple fact is that he's much faster then 4.7. With Jarrett, that's not the case. I think he's going to slip a lot.

dboyz

Reaction score
To me, Jarrett just looks like a player. Jerry Rice ran a slow time too. I didn't see Jarrett get caught from behind much. In fact, I saw him run away from some pretty fast guys.

Not sure about his attitude, but if it's ok, I'd take him. He reminds me of Irvin.

Tobal

Reaction score
I heard the exact same thing about Mike Williams. Smith is the USC WR I'd want

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
I am sorry, say what you want about his speed, but if you are dumb enough to try and cover him with a LB'er, he will eat your lunch. Speed is just one trait that is important for Receivers. There have been great receivers who weren't the fastest players in the league. The real key to whether Jarrett will be great or not is how he dedicates himself to learning to run precise routes and how he dedicates himself to strength and conditioning. If he can do that, I have no doubts he will be very good. He has amazing hands and can leap very high. He has the potential to be a red zone terror b/c he is such a big target (just throw it high and he will come down with it.)

He does of course have a bust potential, everyone does. But there is no reason to believe that if he doesn't dedicate himself that he can't be upper echelon.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Biggems;1439650 said:
I am not impressed with USC WRs.....i never have been.

Now USC RBs.....that is a totally different story.

I don't know. Yes they have had a ton of them drafted over the years, but it is hard to ignore Steve Smith, Keyshawn Johnson, and heck even Kerry Colbert is pretty good.

Now, I've never been a Jarrett fan. When he's gone up against pro-caliber CBs at the college level, he's not fared very well.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh