Dwight Freeney could be done.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
He needs to get a surgery, otherwise, he may be risking his career.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That was my fear when I saw his foot all taped up like it was... That or an achilles.

Between that and the rumors that Harrison could be finished, the Colts are done this year. Looks like it's up to us to stop the Pats from getting #4.

Woods

Reaction score
If Freeney is done for the year, I can't see the Colts seriously challenging the Pats for AFC supremacy.

The Colts have a ton of injuries to key personnel this season. Luckily for them, they got their Super Bowl trophy already.

sago1

Reaction score
Isn't that the same kind of injury Stanbach had when we drafted him? Think he was injuried in October but was ready to go by TC (late July) except by then he had shin splints which slowed his recovery til end of TC.

Anyway it usually it does take about a year but a good rehab program could have Freeney back on the playing field by the season opener. I don't know whether his age could slow his recovery.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It will be tough for him to ever be the same player after that injury. His game was all about peed and quickness. If he comes back 85-90% of what he was, he is just another player. Nothing special and certainly not worth his contract.