Dylan Sampson TN RB

RonWashington

Reaction score
Out of the Tony Pollard mold 5’11” 190 breakaway speed . A day 2 pick possibly round 3 so Dallas can address other issues round 1 & 2 , can also be a pass catching threat out the backfield playing in a big time program in Knoxville .

I’m not nearly as down on Dowdle as a lot of posters seem to be , Sampson plus throw in Dowdle a bigger back change of pace with Leupke as your FB . Got to give defenses a pause when you run the ball or play action .

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Out of the Tony Pollard mold 5’11” 190 breakaway speed . A day 2 pick possibly round 3 so Dallas can address other issues round 1 & 2 , can also be a pass catching threat out the backfield playing in a big time program in Knoxville .

I’m not nearly as down on Dowdle as a lot of posters seem to be , Sampson plus throw in Dowdle a bigger back change of pace with Leupke as your FB . Got to give defenses a pause when you run the ball or play action .
I think there is a decent chance he winds up in the 2nd. Biggest knock on him is pass pro. While that is an underrated deterrent, considering what Samson offers as a reciever and runner, I don't think it will impact his stock too much. Not as polished as Gibbs in 2023, but I think there are some similarities

I think he can take workload than his size indicates. Nothing crazy, but 250 or so carried definitely. He is still a very effective between the tackles at his size

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

One thing to remember with Dowdle is that he is a free agent after the season. Add to that he is already 26. Even with a decent season, he is no lock to be on the roster next year

RonWashington

Reaction score
One thing to remember with Dowdle is that he is a free agent after the season. Add to that he is already 26. Even with a decent season, he is no lock to be on the roster next year

That’s a great point did not realize his pending FA status . All the more reason to invest in this position early day 2 of the draft .

RonWashington

Reaction score
To me in order of need as you see 2024 unfolding , the Cowboys need help at the Edge the DT and RB spots .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dowdle as a FA has to come back at a team friendly price you obviously can’t go beyond a certain limit . If he’s gone or comes back RB Is still a priority tounds 3 or 4 with Dowdle complimentary , make a nice tandem .

Leupke has really changed my mind at FB . Great find at an out of the way program . Give MM credit keeping him around .