Eagle Fan's Angst

cowboyinma

Reaction score
Hello all,
This is my first posting. I'm a longtime Cowboys fan and have been a lurking member of this forum reading it from the Nors days, Quincy vs. Hutch debates, etc. Anyway, I'm very happy with the draft and wanted to see the eagle fans reaction to trading with us. This link is indicative of their reaction. Needless to say, they are not pleased!!! :D http://forums.philly.com/kr-eagles/messages?msg=53494.1

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboyinma;1477039 said:
Hello all,
This is my first posting. I'm a longtime Cowboys fan and have been a lurking member of this forum reading it from the Nors days, Quincy vs. Hutch debates, etc. Anyway, I'm very happy with the draft and wanted to see the eagle fans reaction to trading with us. This link is indicative of their reaction. Needless to say, they are not pleased!!! :D http://forums.philly.com/kr-eagles/messages?msg=53494.1

:welcome:

Enough lurking, start posting. :D

And yes, they've given us two starters (hopefully) in that last three drafts, and potentially a very good pass rusher. They should be angry.

sago1

Reaction score
Must admit I'm totally stunned by this trade. In my book there's simply no way 2 teams in the same division make this kind of trade. Also admit I was very surprised by Eagles using #36th pick to draft a QB behind McNabb. Weird.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
theyre so mature, those eagles fans, arent they? Such intelligent conversation!!! (sike!)

jimmy40

Reaction score
sago1;1477069 said:
Must admit I'm totally stunned by this trade. In my book there's simply no way 2 teams in the same division make this kind of trade. Also admit I was very surprised by Eagles using #36th pick to draft a QB behind McNabb. Weird.
How many times have we all moaned and groaned about Jones never taking a QB behind Aikman and leaving us with nothing when he got hurt?

newlander

Reaction score
I love Spencer and the Kolb pick is........mystifying. Looks like Reid might have gotten into one of his kid's stash. Gimmick offense at Houston....he won't pan out.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Trading with Philly wasn't a surprise. Seems like we do it every other year. I was caught off guard by the QB pick though. I don't know much about the quarterback, but Reid does have a excellent record of drafting those guys so we'll see.

I like our pick of Spencer.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I think the Eagles had one of the best day ones of anyone. People are going to pan them because of the Kolb pick but McNabb is never healthy and Kolb fits their version of the WCO better than anyone in this draft.

Abaiamiri was the next best edge rusher after Spencer (although the drop was precipitous).

Stewart Bradley was a great pick and Tony Hunt is the inside runner they needed to add to their rotational system.

lspain1

Reaction score
Clearly they saw something in Kolb they liked. He is a much different QB than McNabb. He will have some time to grow a bit as well. To take him so high means that the Eagles may see the McNabb era coming to an end.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
lspain1;1477233 said:
Clearly they saw something in Kolb they liked. He clearly is a much different QB than McNabb. He will have some time to grow a bit as well. To take him so high, clearly means that the Eagles may see the McNabb era coming to an end.

He may not be McNabb but he could be Garcia and remember which one won for Philly when he was under center.

Philly fans are turning on McChunky. It could get really ugly really quickly.

bbuck822

Reaction score
The Eagles wanted Kolb and we wanted out of the second once THE receivers all went earlier in the round. I think both sides got what they wanted. I'm not sure about the Kolb pick, but I guess Reid saw something that they needed that they imagined wasn't going to be around much longer if they had waited.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I liked that they took a QB, and that they took Kolb, even if it might have been a reach. It was who they had targeted, though, and if they think he is their guy, good a place as any to take one.

I agree with Jimmy40 - we were furious when we didn't draft a replacement for Troy in time. A QB should be taken every single draft, and at a higher round each year that your starter gets older.

burmafrd

Reaction score
As A ND fan I know a lot about Abriamiri. He is not that good- he does not have the competitive FIRE you want at that position.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
burmafrd;1477255 said:
As A ND fan I know a lot about Abriamiri. He is not that good- he does not have the competitive FIRE you want at that position.

Big ND fan here as well. I really liked Abriamirri, and his potential in the NFL. Eagles got a steal for a late 2nd rounder. I don't know to much about Bradley.