Eagles' A.J. Brown calls out rumors, says, 'I want to be here'

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe the rumors weren't true after all?

Eagles' A.J. Brown calls out rumors, says, 'I want to be here'​

ESPN
Feb 25, 2024

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver A.J. Brown called into a sports radio show Friday afternoon to address rumors about his future with the team.

"I have no problem. I want to be here, it's as simple as that," Brown told Philadelphia radio station 94WIP. "I love where I'm at, it's as simple as that. Next question."

He also called rumors of friction between himself and quarterback Jalen Hurts "total B.S."

"I'm not going to get into me and his relationship on the air. But it's total B.S., you know what I'm saying?" he said. "It wasn't a problem when I was on my six-game streak. They wasn't talking about that then, so they only started talking about that when we started losing. Of course, you see friction from everybody, from the coaches, the players and from everybody. So there you go."

Brown was referring to his streak of 125-plus receiving yards in six straight games, an NFL record. The Eagles started the season 10-1 but collapsed down the stretch, losing six of their final seven games.

Juicy story here: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39598752/aj-brown-calls-rumors-future-want-eagles

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Any and all strife in that organization is a welcome sight. Hope the rumors are true because they certainly looked true watching AJ‘s body language last season.

plymkr

Reaction score
I hope he stays with the Eagles. Yes he’s talented but he is a distraction. I think his issues were a big part of the meltdown in Philly. So please stay in Philly.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
"I'm not going to get into me and his relationship on the air." This says the most to me. There's definitely something wrong there.

Qcard

Reaction score
Maybe the rumors weren't true after all?

Eagles' A.J. Brown calls out rumors, says, 'I want to be here'​

ESPN
Feb 25, 2024

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver A.J. Brown called into a sports radio show Friday afternoon to address rumors about his future with the team.

"I have no problem. I want to be here, it's as simple as that," Brown told Philadelphia radio station 94WIP. "I love where I'm at, it's as simple as that. Next question."

He also called rumors of friction between himself and quarterback Jalen Hurts "total B.S."

"I'm not going to get into me and his relationship on the air. But it's total B.S., you know what I'm saying?" he said. "It wasn't a problem when I was on my six-game streak. They wasn't talking about that then, so they only started talking about that when we started losing. Of course, you see friction from everybody, from the coaches, the players and from everybody. So there you go."

Brown was referring to his streak of 125-plus receiving yards in six straight games, an NFL record. The Eagles started the season 10-1 but collapsed down the stretch, losing six of their final seven games.

Juicy story here: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39598752/aj-brown-calls-rumors-future-want-eagles
Basically AJ Brown....looked at his contract and realized the Eagles gave themselves an out after 3 seasons....
:lmao: :lmao:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the article:

Brown called into the radio station Friday afternoon because he was unhappy with reporting about him, calling it "personal" and saying that negativity was a reason he didn't speak to the media during stretches last season.
"You see what the media's doing right now, this past whole month. You wonder why I'm not talking to them," he said. "I don't want to talk to them because no matter what I say, you guys are going to make a story and pinpoint it however you want to pinpoint it."
Wait. A player did not desire talking to the media? Even though the CBA pretty much mandates players talking to the media? And he didn't talk to them anyway?

Surprise surprise surprise! In the past, I have read here where players were basically did not have a choice in talking with the media. Yet this guy didn't talk with them and told them why he didn't talk to them? Well goooooooooollly! Shazam! Who would've ever thought that personal choice was even possible nowadays?

/lmbo sarcasm