Eagles deny violating tampering rule with Barkley

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Punish their a______........losing their 3rd rounder would be a good start (LOL) but to be honest, I'm sure it happens all around the league. What is it they say........it's not who's cheating but who's caught (lol).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39726641/eagles-deny-violating-tampering-rule-saquon-barkley

Eagles deny violating tampering rule with Saquon Barkley​

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles have denied impermissible contact between general manager Howie Roseman and running back Saquon Barkley during the negotiating window before the start of free agency.

Barkley, a Penn State alum and Pennsylvania native, agreed to terms with the Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that includes $26 million fully guaranteed at signing. His former coach at Penn State, James Franklin, suggested Roseman spoke to Barkley directly during the "legal tampering" period, which is not allowed.

Said Franklin: "For him now to come back and be able to play within the state, in Philadelphia, he said that was one of the first things that Howie said to him on the phone as part of his sales pitch to him was not only the Philadelphia Eagles and that but obviously the connection with Penn State and the fan base as well."

khiladi

Reaction score
Barkley is over-rated. The guy’s one splash play is accompanied by plenty of negative runs. This has been his MO even in college and it translated to the pros of anybody was actually watching. He’s not a sustained difference maker in reality. Will be interesting though to see how Moore uses him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Punish their a______........losing their 3rd rounder would be a good start (LOL) but to be honest, I'm sure it happens all around the league. What is it they say........it's not who's cheating but who's caught (lol).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39726641/eagles-deny-violating-tampering-rule-saquon-barkley

Eagles deny violating tampering rule with Saquon Barkley​

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles have denied impermissible contact between general manager Howie Roseman and running back Saquon Barkley during the negotiating window before the start of free agency.

Barkley, a Penn State alum and Pennsylvania native, agreed to terms with the Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that includes $26 million fully guaranteed at signing. His former coach at Penn State, James Franklin, suggested Roseman spoke to Barkley directly during the "legal tampering" period, which is not allowed.

Said Franklin: "For him now to come back and be able to play within the state, in Philadelphia, he said that was one of the first things that Howie said to him on the phone as part of his sales pitch to him was not only the Philadelphia Eagles and that but obviously the connection with Penn State and the fan base as well."

If this was the Cowboys, Goddell would take our 1st round picks for like the next decade, but since its Philly it will be brushed under the rug and never mentioned again.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I still keep in touch with some buddies who I graduated with at Penn State, and ironcially enough, the cowboys have won a superbowl faster than PSU their last National Championship (and to show my age, and I was there in the stands as a PSU student that year LOL). The impression I get is Franklin isn't very well liked overall in the state, and although I have no clue how this will play out, I can't help but think that Franklin is going to get crucified over this.