Eagles going to throw it deep!

rathalarge

Reaction score
Roy, Ken, and Pat Watkins have to be ready for the deep ball. McNabb will throw it deep atleast three times to try and draw a pass interference call, or get the 'BIG' play, as they did last year in Philly! I think Wade will have the front 7 stop Westbrook and McNabb, thus our safety play will be vital, even in helping our corners. I look for Ellis and D-Ware to have big games!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
rathalarge;1736566 said:
Roy, Ken, and Pat Watkins have to be ready for the deep ball. McNabb will throw it deep atleast three times to try and draw a pass interference call, or get the 'BIG' play, as they did last year in Philly! I think Wade will have the front 7 stop Westbrook and McNabb, thus our safety play will be vital, even in helping our corners. I look for Ellis and D-Ware to have big games!!

About time we get to see a QB on a 7 step drop. This 3 step crap and getting rid of right before we get the sack sucks. McNabb wants to drop deep I think he may have some company back there with him wearing Silver and Blue.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1736569 said:
About time we get to see a QB on a 7 step drop. This 3 step crap and getting rid of right before we get the sack sucks. McNabb wants to drop deep I think he may have some company back there with him wearing Silver and Blue.

Didn't we have Carpenter or Burnett spy Westbrook last year. It seems it was Carpenter but maybe my memeory is failing me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;1736571 said:
Didn't we have Carpenter or Burnett spy Westbrook last year. It seems it was Carpenter but maybe my memeory is failing me.

I don't recall I do know that is the key to stopping Philly. Dallas can't allow Westbrook to take over the game.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
i think it would be a great idea to have Carpenter spying Westbrook...

i'm pretty sure he is our fastest ILB, and our best cover LB at that position, and he did a good job spying Vick last year

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way Reid has avoided running the ball, I expect McFlubb to go short, middle and deep all night.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
rathalarge;1736566 said:

I hope every team throw it deep against us... maybe we will get better by repetition.

I would like to see the deep threat/big play problem solved or atleast minimized by seasons end.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1736588 said:
The way Reid has avoided running the ball, I expect McFlubb to go short, middle and deep all night.

Philly no doubt will pass more because it is a WCO but they have been a bit more balanced this season. Rushing the ball 185 times avg 26 times a game while Passing it 241 time this season.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Last year, McNabb was out the second game and Carpenter didn't see the field for the first. We would have had the first game, but Bledsoe failed to throw it to Owens, instead throwing to Glenn, getting picked off for a TD. It was bad blood between Owens and Bledsoe that whole game.

McNabb is missing Stallworth this year but has Curtis. We put Newman on McNabb's go to guy Curtis and Reeves on Brown and they don't go deep without risking McNabb taking a hit.

I think both Ellis and Spencer have good games.

I'm more worried about Westbrook than I am their receivers.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1736593 said:
Philly no doubt will pass more because it is a WCO but they have been a bit more balanced this season. Rushing the ball 185 times avg 26 times a game while Passing it 241 time this season.
Really? I did not know that. They have not been on TV here all year as I can recall.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1736620 said:
Really? I did not know that. They have not been on TV here all year as I can recall.

I agree it is somewhat of a surprise but it started last year when McNabb when down and Garcia took over. Philly started to run the ball a bit more and it worked as they went on the winning streak. I think they are trying to take some of the load from McNabb. Having said that they are still a WCO and will use the short passes like a run