Eagles Spy on Marion Barber

khiladi

Reaction score
Have to give credit to the Eagles for taking away the check-down that Marion Barber was being used as these last two games. That also made their blitz that much more effective in the second half.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I got really frustrated when we didn't try to get Crayton and Hurd the ball.

Phillys game plan was get pressure and stop our 3 main guys.

Romo would go through his progressions and by the time he got through them and realised everyone was covered he was under tremendous pressure.

Usually he'll slip away and make a play but yesterday he didn't.

When that happens you have to go to the ground game or make other guys your first option.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;1839824 said:
Have to give credit to the Eagles for taking away the check-down that Marion Barber was being used as these last two games. That also made their blitz that much more effective in the second half.

Romo "couldn't hit a barn door" yesterday.

Most of his passes were way off the mark.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
True, however we should have understood that teams would soon counter that, and we should have had something else to throw at them.

Garrett is a genius right?

Wade is mr. fix-it right?

This game boils down to this...

1. we got outcoached. ( where was the threat of the run?)

2. Romo had "concentration" problems. :rolleyes:

3. T. O. wonder if he's having the last laugh now? You people that have bought that "T.O. is a team guy now" crap should sue your brain for non-support.

4. Crayton and Hurd= invisible

5. Injuries.

6. Eagles wanted it more.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lcharles;1839847 said:
True, however we should have understood that teams would soon counter that, and we should have had something else to throw at them.

Garrett is a genius right?

Wade is mr. fix-it right?

This game boils down to this...

1. we got outcoached. ( where was the threat of the run?)

2. Romo had "concentration" problems. :rolleyes:

3. T. O. wonder if he's having the last laugh now? You people that have bought that "T.O. is a team guy now" crap should sue your brain for non-support.

4. Crayton and Hurd= invisible

5. Injuries.

6. Eagles wanted it more.

What exactly did T.O. do to make you think he's not a team guy?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
khiladi;1839824 said:

That's a good post -- they pretty much decided they wouldn't let us fill up on bread and butter

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
TheCount;1839968 said:
What exactly did T.O. do to make you think he's not a team guy?

uh, i don't know, maybe screaming at his imaginary friends while sitting on the bench frustrated that he was not "involved" for the second week in a row.

He needs to shut his stinking pie hole while on the bench. Oh I forgot, this is the guy that when he is on the sidelines likes to stand and scream at the crowd "HERE I AM"........ "IT'S ME"......I LOVE ME SOME ME"!!!!!

Yeah, prototypical team guy. :)

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
lcharles;1840106 said:
uh, i don't know, maybe screaming at his imaginary friends while sitting on the bench frustrated that he was not "involved" for the second week in a row.

He needs to shut his stinking pie hole while on the bench. Oh I forgot, this is the guy that when he is on the sidelines likes to stand and scream at the crowd "HERE I AM"........ "IT'S ME"......I LOVE ME SOME ME"!!!!!

where you next to him? because we have seen him yelling and scream on the bench before and we were winning. called motivation, but hey ya never know he could have been yelling for a hotdog

mitchell2254

Reaction score
lcharles;1840106 said:

He is right. You speak of the last two weeks. We have to get lucky HAnson miss a 35 yarder and come back to beat the 6 game losing streeak Lions, yesterday we lose to the lowly Eagles. I guess he should be all smiles. Happy as could be I suppose. Did you ever think he realizes this team is so much better and is trying to motivate somebody? When Ray Lewis gets emotional is he being stingy? What about Brian Dawkins? Those are just a couple of examples.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
lcharles;1840106 said:

...when you are not certain of what he was saying exactly?

He could have been criticizing himself. He could have been yelling about his dropped passes.

Many players have yelled in the course of a football game and some have even made it to the Hall. I can remember a Troy Aikman once having a bad habit of screaming at the wide receivers who blew routes right on the field in front of the cameras.

That didn't mean he wasn't a team player who was not concerned about the team being able to win.

To focus on T.O. is a red herring. He was the least of our worries yesterday.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
khiladi;1839824 said:

This is exactly why we'd be unstoppable with an elite RB on the roster.

No one would be able to "take away" anything from us.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rack;1840186 said:
This is exactly why we'd be unstoppable with an elite RB on the roster.

No one would be able to "take away" anything from us.

We've got a pretty darn good back, but when you only give him a handful of carries in a tough game, even LT couldn't have done anything to save us from ourselves.

lcharles;1840106 said:

You know what, you're right. He should hang his head in shame like a little boy who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar when we're down 4 pts and have been having our worst offensive showing of the season.

Just because the guy doesn't sit on the sidelines and pout like Eli Manning when the chips are down doesn't mean he's not a team guy. Have you ever even played a team sport? I'd rather have my team mates frustrated and trying to light a fire than sulking like little girls.

If you don't like T.O., then pick a different team to cheer for, cause he isn't going anywhere. He's the reason we are where we are, and I didn't see you crying after any one of those 12 wins.

Reaction score
Romo had MB3 open a few times and either saw him too late or tried to stick it in a tight spot for a receiver further down field...

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
lcharles;1840106 said:

Where were you three weeks ago??? Very quiet about T.O back than.

FCBarca

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1840250 said:
Romo had MB3 open a few times and either saw him too late or tried to stick it in a tight spot for a receiver further down field...

Yup...Once or twice he tried to force it to Marion on what looked like middle screens or a checkdown with him just ahead of the OL...But there were a number of times Barber was wide open in the flat and Romo was simply looking downfield.

Again, I think this is also the product of pressure to produce as your possessions get fewer and fewer.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
TheCount;1840240 said:
We've got a pretty darn good back, but when you only give him a handful of carries in a tough game, even LT couldn't have done anything to save us from ourselves.

You know what, you're right. He should hang his head in shame like a little boy who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar when we're down 4 pts and have been having our worst offensive showing of the season.

Just because the guy doesn't sit on the sidelines and pout like Eli Manning when the chips are down doesn't mean he's not a team guy. Have you ever even played a team sport? I'd rather have my team mates frustrated and trying to light a fire than sulking like little girls.

If you don't like T.O., then pick a different team to cheer for, cause he isn't going anywhere. He's the reason we are where we are, and I didn't see you crying after any one of those 12 wins.

Whoa dude!! I'm a 40 year+ fan and you must be smoking something if you think the likes of me-ooooo is gonna cause me to look for another team.

I have no problem with the dude if he will catch the ball and shut his mouth.

Other than the fact that he crapped on the star. ( us old codgers don't take kindly to folks who do that kind of stuff)

Oh yeah, he has a million reasons to do that too. :D

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I know on one play the Eagles ran a delay blitz and Barber stayed in initially then left to soon and a lb came right behind him to pressure Tony into a bad throw

I am not sure if that was all Barbers fault but it looked like it at the time.