Earn the right to rush the passer

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s something the coaches and players have stressed. It’s something they’ve mentioned many times. And unfortunately it’s something they completely forgot last week.

I hope that Dan Quinn has refreshed their memory all week long because it’s what this defense needs to get back to.

Play sound fundamental defense early, both on early downs and early in the game as long as the score is close.

Only then can they afford to chase stats and glory. Do the dirty work first.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't ever give any team 170+ yards rushing in the first half...all the rest of the adjustments then are make believe.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It’s something the coaches and players have stressed. It’s something they’ve mentioned many times. And unfortunately it’s something they completely forgot last week.

I hope that Dan Quinn has refreshed their memory all week long because it’s what this defense needs to get back to.

Play sound fundamental defense early, both on early downs and early in the game as long as the score is close.

I think they feel every play is a chance to rush the passer and that's not true, you're making it much easier for the offense to have lanes to be successful in. Lock in, and do your job, sacks will come!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Don't ever give any team 170+ yards rushing in the first half...all the rest of the adjustments then are make believe.
amen!!! we're going to look really good stopping a highly paid slow running back in zeke, hell nevermind he's probably faster than tyreek for THIS GAME lol

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
where was the super quinn at last week? what adjustment did backward hat do?

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Same thing goes for the offense, cannot see many 3rd and longs and expect success.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Felt like they did this vs the jets really well, and adjusted after the first drive against rhe giants well.

Wonder why it took them a whole half to adjust against rhe cardinals.

When we played the pats in 21 they ran all over us

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense was built to play with a lead. When the Cowboys aren't winning it will struggle. Not hard to figure out.