Easily the embarrassing loss in this 28 year run of futility

droopdog7

Reaction score
And frankly, that’s saying A LOT. I am stunned.

Been a fan since the 70’s, so I’ve seen super bowls. Of course, that also means I’ve seen the entirely of the disaster over the 28 years. There have obviously been disappointments. Losing to the giants to the giants in 2008 was the worst one for me…until today.

There is ZERO reason to have lost this game, never mind get positively destroyed (final score notwithstanding). My goodness how bad can a defense be? Like, worst defense in the league bad. Like, worst defense of all time.

The entire organization should be ashamed of itself. I can’t believe what I witnessed today. Any team in the league would have beaten the cowboys today. It defies logic really, except that it’s the cowboys.

It’s time to go scorched earth. Dak has to go, MM has to go. Quinn has to go. Everyone has to go. I’ve never been more ashamed to be a fan or any team in any sport at any age group.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And frankly, that’s saying A LOT. I am stunned.

Been a fan since the 70’s, so I’ve seen super bowls. Of course, that also means I’ve seen the entirely of the disaster over the 27 years. There have obviously been disappointments. Losing to the giants to the giants in 2008 was the worst one for me…until today.

There is ZERO reason to have lost this game, never mind get positively destroyed (final score notwithstanding). My goodness how bad can a defense be? Like, worst defense in the league bad. Like, worst defense of all time.

The entire organization should be ashamed of itself. I can’t believe what I witnessed today. Any team in the league would have beaten the cowboys today. It defies logic really, except that it’s the cowboys.

It’s time to go scorched earth. Dak has to go, MM has to go. Quinn has to go. Everyone has to go. I’ve never been more ashamed to be a fan or any team in any sport at any age group.
It was that bad.

I do think it’s time to just do an overhaul.

All new coaching staff. Cut or trade Dak. Give Lance a chance.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
oh no, in franchise history not just last 28 years. Anyone ever asks me what team I root for I am not saying Dallas. Ill say I dont really follow

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
All of our fears realized...for those of us who wondered whether the McCarthy and Dak were a winning playoff combo, and whether a Quinn's defense could stop the run (OR PASS). Nope.

So, it's the nightmare realized, and many of us saw it ending this way eventually, just not against Green Bay. This loss solidified it in most of our minds, and Jerry's too: THIS AIN'T IT.

Bye McCarthy!

Bye Quinn!

MajesticRey

Reaction score
People like to point to 3 straight 12 win seasons but I will show you 3 straight early playoff exits.

gtdRR

Reaction score
"But..but..don't blow it up though. That might take 3-4 years."

:facepalm:
And what's the difference? Not like we are actually close anyway. Rather not make the playoffs if we are just going to have to keep losing in playoff games where it looks like we don't belong.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
And what's the difference? Not like we are actually close anyway. Rather not make the playoffs if we are just going to have to keep losing in playoff games where it looks like we don't belong.
Note the quotation marks in my post. Turn your sarcasm detector on.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Worse than the 2010 loss to the Packers that got Wade Phillips fired OR the 2013 loss to Matt Flynn where the Cowboys passed almost every play the whole second half despite leading by 23 points OR the 2014 Dez caught it loss, or the 2016 loss to Green Bay where they were number 1 seed and lost OR the 2022 loss to the Packers where they had their worst 4th quarter collapse ever?

Last edited:

droopdog7

Reaction score
Worse than the 2010 loss to the Packers that got Wade Phillips fired OR the 2013 loss to Matt Flynn where the Cowboys passed almost every play the whole second half despite leading by 23 points OR the 2014 Dez caught it loss, or the 2016 loss to Green Bay where they were number 1 seed and lost OR the 2022 loss where they had their worst 4th quarter collapse ever?
Yes

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hyperbole….I get it, but I’ve been much more embarrassed.
GB looked every bit the better team, stronger, faster, more balanced. Sucks, but what I saw confirmed it.

Poor coaching just made it more lopsided, but I’m embarrassed anytime we play a team that could actually beat us just running the ball if they wanted to. Maybe our secondary was so confused due to concussions from having to tackle RBs all season at an alarming rate.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
That’s saying a lot with Jerrah. Don’t need to blow it up just hire a real coach and let him control the locker room.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
In the 21st century only two 1 seeds lost in the divisional round. Both times it was the Cowboys.

Only one 7 seed has ever won a game. It was Green Bay today.

Cowboys keep making the wrong kind of history.

MS17

Reaction score
In the 21st century only two 1 seeds lost in the divisional round. Both times it was the Cowboys.

Only one 7 seed has ever won a game. It was Green Bay today.

Cowboys keep making the wrong kind of history.
A sad commentary, but true. Leads us to think the time is nigh to do something drastic, like blow this thing up, maybe.
Problem is, Jerry and Stephen probably have neither the mental capacity or IQ to figure out how to proceed with that. But they'll be all over '24 ticket sales.

RonWashington

Reaction score
GB had an obvious strategy. We don’t respect your running game the safeties are deep you’re not going over the top . And 4 and MM couldn’t solve it.

On D the Cowboys on going problem in not stopping the run ( Buffalo ring a bell ) and Quinn playing zone most of the afternoon was a killer .

DFWJC

Reaction score
A HOME blowout PLAYOFF loss like that when you expected to at least go to the NFCCG?
When you have a very experienced QB in his prime and both sides of the ball ranked in the top 5 ?

The worst for sure