Eddie Lacy?

robjay04

Reaction score
Now it seems a lot of times, veteran players like to stick with what they know so they end up signing to a team within the same division. I could see a scenario where Matt Forte decides to stay within the division and the Green Bay Packers could be an ideal landing spot and it is a move that would make a lot of sense.

Assuming that Forte does sign with the Packers (I know, a lot of assuming) that would mean that Eddie Lacy would become expendable.

We all know how bad last season was for Lacy---He was overweight and unproductive (unless he played us) BUT we can't overlook that his first two seasons in the league, he rushed for over 2300 yards combined, scored 20 touchdowns and he was considered one of the best young backs in the game. If Eddie Lacy can stay motivated and get his weight under control, he is a young bruiser that a team could rely on to be a bell cow since if you look at his gamelog, he is usually money if he gets that 15+ carries a game.

I also believe his value will be relatively low since he will be in a contract year. This could potentially be a good fit and depending on the compensation, there will not be a ton of risk since we will not be taking on a big contract.

robjay04

Reaction score
Bored today?

Absolutely but the Packers are considered one of the most likely landing spots and I think it makes sense. The team wants to be balanced but Lacy was a huge disappointment last season. A player signing within the division is always common.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely but the Packers are considered one of the most likely landing spots and I think it makes sense. The team wants to be balanced but Lacy was a huge disappointment last season. A player signing within the division is always common.

I'm curious as to who it is that considers the Packers a "likely landing spot"? Whoever it is needs to be educated to the fact that the Packers are rarely players in free agency at all. The notable exceptions being Charles Woodson and Julius Peppers over the past decade.

robjay04

Reaction score
I'm curious as to who it is that considers the Packers a "likely landing spot"? Whoever it is needs to be educated to the fact that the Packers are rarely players in free agency at all. The notable exceptions being Charles Woodson and Julius Peppers over the past decade.

And Julius Peppers was from within the division. McCarthy was rumored to be sick of the Packers not investing in veterans after last season came to an end. Both ESPN, the Chicago Tribune and local Packer writers all think this is a move that makes sense. Sure the Packera are not usually very active in free agency but they have made calculated decisions to go after a big name in the past.

Starks is a free agent and Lacy can be seen as unreliable at this point in a contract year. It's not only probable, it is certain the Packers will be looking for running back help and since they are always a team that feels like they may be a player or two away, Forte would make perfect sense if they feel like he has anything left in the tank.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Julius Peppers was from within the division. McCarthy was rumored to be sick of the Packers not investing in veterans after last season came to an end. Both ESPN, the Chicago Tribune and local Packer writers all think this is a move that makes sense. Sure the Packera are not usually very active in free agency but they have made calculated decisions to go after a big name in the past.

Starks is a free agent and Lacy can be seen as unreliable at this point in a contract year. It's not only probable, it is certain the Packers will be looking for running back help and since they are always a team that feels like they may be a player or two away, Forte would make perfect sense if they feel like he has anything left in the tank.

So, if Lacy is "unreliable at this point in a contract year", why would we offer anything to the Packers to be rid of him?

robjay04

Reaction score
So, if Lacy is "unreliable at this point in a contract year", why would we offer anything to the Packers to be rid of him?

Because he has a ton of potential and could do better with a change of scenery. After all, the guy was lights out during his first two seasons. If one bad season defines a player, we should ahead and cut Dez as well.

This post is simply from the Packers prospective. If the Packers decide Forte is an upgrade, would you be interested in Lacy? It seems most don't, which I don't get considering how successful the guy has been.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because he has a ton of potential and could do better with a change of scenery. After all, the guy was lights out during his first two seasons. If one bad season defines a player, we should ahead and cut Dez as well.

This post is simply from the Packers prospective. If the Packers decide Forte is an upgrade, would you be interested in Lacy? It seems most don't, which I don't get considering how successful the guy has been.

Ok. Put me down as a 'No' then, along with everyone else.

bodi

Reaction score
might use him as one tech if gets any fatter

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Eddie does not need a change of scenery he needs to change his diet. That run against Arizona in the playoffs was embarrassing. Thompson wont get rid of Lacy this year anyway even it he did sign Forte which they won't. Thompson loves his draft picks. Thompson will give Eddie every chance and still will be hesitant to let him walk.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Lacey wanted to take a tour of the Grand Canyon, but wouldn't fit.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
95bb6bfb1396563af150fb934469c4b9

I have no respect for an RB who can't keep his weight in check. Maybe bring him in as a fullback.