Eddie LeBaron Video Footage

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I forget who it was that asked me about Eddie Lebaron recently.

On dallascowboys.com on the upper left side is some video footage of him from NFL Network.

A look at our History is always fun for me.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I forget who it was that asked me about Eddie Lebaron recently.

On dallascowboys.com on the upper left side is some video footage of him from NFL Network.

A look at our History is always fun for me.

I have seen that NFL network footage, and I didn't know that Eddie Lebaron was short guy etc. It was a treat to watch those highlights. I guess people who think Doug Flutie achieved something, even while being short, probably should look up that footage, to see how much more remarkable Eddie was.

Angus

Reaction score
Yes, everyone should go to the Cowboys site and watch that. Eye opening!

Star Struck

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Eddie is a great guy. I met him in DC once at an appearance. I'm glad to see he's being featured on this video...

parchy

Reaction score
It's funny. We essentially grabbed a washed up Commander to kickstart the franchise. And he did pretty darn well for us considering he was like 5'8 or 5'9.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks, Hostile for that...that was way cool!!

:star:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
That was very cool. When I first became a Cowboys fan back in the early 60s, Eddie was one of the guys I really liked because he looked like a kid (hey I was 5 at the time) and I absolutely LOVED the uniforms back then!

Thanks for sharing that Hos.

HDC

Reaction score
In 1959 when I was a junior in high school, Eddie LeBaron, a back-up quarterback with the Commanders, spent a day or two at our pre-season football camp. The next year I moved to Texas, and Eddie LeBaron joined the Cowboys. He was just about my size. I was strongly impressed by how he bounced back again and again after being buried by much larger players. He and the Cowboys didn't do very well at all during those first years, but like him the Cowboys just kept getting up off the ground and trying again. Those days had a lifelong impact on me and I have never quit being a Cowboys fan. Thank you, Eddie LeBaron.