Eli shows his Maturation - ESPN

Temo

Reaction score
Hhaha... actually that's not what happened, if you actually watched the game.

The giants had called a TO on the play before, so they couldn't take another timeout. Eli tried to call another time out, but the referee correctly ignored him and they took the delay of game. The delay of game was more incidental than anything else.

Oh, and why didn't a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct get called (like it did on Joe Gibbs)?

From Jerry Markbreit:

"Under NFL rules, the same team cannot call consecutive timeouts. If the officials incorrectly acknowledge the consecutive timeout, the clock is immediately started and the timeout negated. There is no penalty for this act, unless the purpose of the second timeout is to startle and cause a false start by the offensive team. In this situation, an unsportsmanlike conduct foul could be called on the defensive team. Under college rules, consecutive team timeouts are legal, and a team could call all of the team timeouts in succession."

Eli was def. motioning for a TO, but he didn't know the rule.

Maturation, yea right!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Temo;2380369 said:

The giants had called a TO on the play before, so they couldn't take another timeout. Eli tried to call another time out, but the referee correctly ignored him and they took the delay of game. The delay of game was more incidental than anything else.

Oh, and why didn't a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct get called (like it did on Joe Gibbs)?

From Jerry Markbreit:

"Under NFL rules, the same team cannot call consecutive timeouts. If the officials incorrectly acknowledge the consecutive timeout, the clock is immediately started and the timeout negated. There is no penalty for this act, unless the purpose of the second timeout is to startle and cause a false start by the offensive team. In this situation, an unsportsmanlike conduct foul could be called on the defensive team. Under college rules, consecutive team timeouts are legal, and a team could call all of the team timeouts in succession."

Maturation, yea right!

I agree and I watched the game too,but that is what ESPN said last night in pregame. They said it was a good play by him to take the delay of game and make it 4th and 6.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
BSPN needs knee pads. They are all over the Giants jock. Lets make up stories how Eli is maturing.:laugh2:

How about they got lucky on a 4th and 6 chuck and pray.

JPM

Reaction score
Temo;2380369 said:

From Jerry Markbreit:

Maturation, yea right!
Better yet was Plex motioning Eli to spike the ball instead of taking a penalty. On a 4th down play.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Temo;2380369 said:

From Jerry Markbreit:

Maturation, yea right!

Exactly.

This is the reason I don't watch BSPN. They'll spin whatever they want however they want.

Eli didn't show maturation on that play, he showed his cluelessness.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
Eli knew the Giants had a bad play called against the defense the Steelers were in. Instead of just running it to avoid a penalty, he just let the clock run out and got a new play called on 4th and 6 instead of running something he knew wouldn't work. That is what they said.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
did anyone see Eli try to fire up the O on the sidelines?

Tiki was right about Eli, it was hilarious to watch noone bat an eye while he was talking, and his gesticulation was weak as hell

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Rack;2380474 said:
Exactly.

This is the reason I don't watch BSPN. They'll spin whatever they want however they want.

Eli didn't show maturation on that play, he showed his cluelessness.

:big mother ****ing hammer:

kevwun

Reaction score
I watched the game also. He was signaling like crazy for a timeout. It wasn't because he didn't like the play call, it was because the play clock was winding down.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
kevwun;2381384 said:
I watched the game also. He was signaling like crazy for a timeout. It wasn't because he didn't like the play call, it was because the play clock was winding down.

Yeah, the problem lies in the fact that the Giants were just coming off of an offensive timeout....which is against the rules. Eli was lost in a situation where they had ample time to get things in order. He failed.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
aikemirv;2380392 said:
I agree and I watched the game too,but that is what ESPN said last night in pregame. They said it was a good play by him to take the delay of game and make it 4th and 6.

What's even better is that after Eli was trying to call a timeout he was shrugging and walking away from the line like, "I don't know what the hell is going on, I don't know what they're doing." It wasn't the manly stand ESPN is making it sound like, something was wrong and Eli basically washed his hands of it and walked away from the line since he couldn't call another time out.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
He had 7 seconds on the play clock when he started to try and call another timeout. It wasn't because they were running out of time. He has gotten the ball off with less time than that. He didn't want to run the play called. Coughlin was even asked about it. Unless he lied but I don't see why he would.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];2381575 said:
He had 7 seconds on the play clock when he started to try and call another timeout. It wasn't because they were running out of time. He has gotten the ball off with less time than that. He didn't want to run the play called. Coughlin was even asked about it. Unless he lied but I don't see why he would.

Either way, maturation had nothing to do with it. Eli looked clueless when it happened and that's cuz he is clueless.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

They were coming off of a timeout. There is no excuse you can claim that shouldn't be laughed at. It was bad football.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score

Then why not call an audible?

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
tomson75;2381582 said:
They were coming off of a timeout. There is no excuse you can claim that shouldn't be laughed at. It was bad football.

You are correct but you are laughing at the wrong one. The Giants are a good offense inspite of Kevin Gilbride. That is who should be laughed at.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Wade is gonna expose this kid. Prediction..5 sacks and a whole lotta hurries and knockdowns resulting in a few picks, one for 6!!!:starspin