Ellis and his antics

tunahelper

Reaction score
I have always like Ellis until his recent stunt.
No one ever heard Glover cry last year, when he was going to be moved to NT. I recall him saying in an interview that there was nothing he can do, but play hard and compete. That is a pro response and a real man!! Sure he got cut, but looked what happened, he received another contract, making a good salary.
Also, Singleton is in the same boat and I never hear any complaining from him.
Hell, he is in worse shape, since Dallas brought in Carp as the #1 pick.
When he signed with us did anyone clear with him he may be playing out of position as 3-4 LB?

NO!

So Ellis shut your mouth and play ball please.
Cowboy nation should not show him sympathy for his antics!

Anyone with me?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I agree. It's life. The world is prone to change. If you can't change then it's your problem. I've always liked the guy too, but as much as he doesn't want to appear selfish he can't hid it.

My opinion. Let him hold out of these non-required team events. Issue him a warning. For every three days he misses of (required) training camp. Suspend him for a game of the regular season. He will get a better deal after leaving the Cowboys playing a 3-4 and not looking as good as he did playing a 4-3 than he will not playing at all and then looking for a contract. Especially when they look at his "I'm holding out because you're not playing a 4-3" attitude while being 30+.

What the millions of dollars you've already made it's enough? ...Shutup and play.