Ellis can get completely well

sportsman

Reaction score
We will have enough talent that Ellis can wait until he is 100% before trying to come back. He should be a good leader for the young kids.

If our LBs stay healthy this defense should lead the NFC in turnovers and sacks.

Finally special team speed in Stanback. Things are looking real good for next season.

I like the picks of OL bodies. You never have enough OL.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
My worry is that we actually have too many OL. I think McQuistan goes to the Practice Squad.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to the ticket yesterday, Ellis is on track to be 100% before the season opener. Obviously there won't be a need to rush him back now.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Ellis's injury may be on track but an achilles break is not something a lot of players come bacl 100% from at the best of times.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
I say let Ellis take his time getting healthy; I am wondering how Phillips is going to use Kevin Burnett this year, He could use him like he used Donnie Edwards when Phillips sent the LB'ers on blitzes, and Edwards stayed in coverage to protect the underneath passes because he was fast enough to cover the RBs/TEs. I think Burnett should be used this year more than ever, and I think Phillips won't waste his talents. I know Phillips is licking his lips roight now with the LB corps.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
With the drafting of Anthony Spencer, we have a top 3-5 linebacker corps in the nfl.

Burnett and Carpenter will have expanded roles, especially in the nickel. And the middle linebackers will be used to blitz more often.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Galian Beast;1478973 said:
With the drafting of Anthony Spencer, we have a top 3-5 linebacker corps in the nfl.

Burnett and Carpenter will have expanded roles, especially in the nickel. And the middle linebackers will be used to blitz more often.

Ayodele I think has found his niche in the ILB spot; he is not great at blitzing, even when he played OLB in Jacksonville, he never sacked the qb much at all, even considering that the lineman were so occupied with John Henderson and Marcus Stroud...And Bradie James gets pummeled by Lineman... They will get worn down if those guys blitz too often, and they won't even get to the qb. I am excited as heck about carp and Burnett, moreso about burnett.