Ellis Sucks

Tobal

Reaction score
That was a TE that blocked him on that TD run, people want to criticize Newman and well they should. You also need to look at Ellis who is regularly blocked by TE's.

Tobal

Reaction score
Watch a game, the guy was the number 8 pick at DE. Tell me what this team needs more than anything and has needed for 8 yrs?????

I'll tell you, we need a damn impact DE. Ellis is average, nothing more. Impact DE's aren't blocked by TE's. People have spent years making excuses for him. Show me a play he made that impacted a game? I can think of a few coverage sacks. He never beats his man one on one, unless you count the 41 yr old backup from Washington.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Tobal, ya hes blocked by the TE and usually another, teams are double teaming him and Glover, neutralizing or front 4, cause the other two dopes cant do anything.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Ellis is by far the least of our problems, If I had 22 Ellis's we would do just fine.

Look at RB, RT, QB, CB, nickle back, Safety, DT, LB and kick returner.

Then you might get to Ellis after you have fixed those problems.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
ellis is by far our best pass rusher. i was going through stats last night and came across marcellus wiley and he was right below tyrone williams on the team for tackles, also, i thought i saw a sack there, but then i realized it was tyrone's sack :eek: we do need an elite pass rusher, but he'd replace wiley... not ellis

Tobal

Reaction score
I never said Ellis needed replaced, but it does need to be pointed out that he's not a good pass rusher. He's a great guy and a good player, but we picked him 8th overall to be a pass rusher not a baby sitter.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Tobal said:
I never said Ellis needed replaced, but it does need to be pointed out that he's not a good pass rusher. He's a great guy and a good player, but we picked him 8th overall to be a pass rusher not a baby sitter.

Tobal

I got your back on this one. Ellis doesn't need to be traded or released from the team in any manner. He is a very good player but if I could replace him with a edge pass rushing DE, I would do so in heartbeat.