Elvis Dumervile

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this player has had a thread opened about him. If he has, my apologies, and please feel free to merge this with that thread.

Okay, I understand that Elvis Dumervil is not the player he was in Denver. I get that he's 34 years old. However, let's take a look at something: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3941/elvis-dumervil. As you can see in the link, he got 6.5 sacks last season with San Francisco, and he had 13 tackles. So, I think he still has gas left in the tank. Also, given his age, I don't think he'd be that expensive to sign as I think he'd probably accept a 1 or 2 year prove it deal. So, I think we could get a player who can make an impact on this team for relatively cheap. He'd fit the budget for this team, and he's still a pretty good DE. Plus, he'd be a good choice for veteran leadership.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He would be a good situation rusher. Played in a 3-4 last year I believe so he should be a good wide gap guy. Taco would be above him in the depth, but he would make an impact IMO

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gasping...does he want to play still? Is he healthy? How does he fit?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Gasping...does he want to play still? Is he healthy? How does he fit?

Well, that's why I'd attempt to sign him with a cheap contract. See if he'll take it. The contract would be easy to get out of if we realize that he's not what this team needs. But, I think he could be solid. Though, not sure where he'd fit tbh. Though @darthseinfeld had a good idea. He probably would be a good situation rusher, and he would provide good depth. Besides, when was the last time on defense that we had legitimate depth?