Embarrassed as a fan

magic-sword

Reaction score
This is one of the worst showings in recent memory. The downfall of Landry was excruciating but I think he was personally embarrassed by his team performances and he built-up decades of respect.

The one thing I absolutely hate is the Seinfeld joke of cheering for a uniform. I always had thought of Dallas as hard working, prideful and hard nosed but the past years are making it tough.

I think the Pro-Bowl selections are inflated, the play-offs screw ups are too easily let go because they seem to continue a history of "killing" themselves. I understand getting beat but this uncompetitive play is embarrassing.

Injuries aside - this team does not learn, they simply can't get past their own foibles and short-comings. The blame gets spread from rookies to veterans.

The past haunts me and spoils me. Come backs from back-ups were manageable and the veterans of Landry's squads would work harder to protect rookies and give them a chance to perform. This squad works hard for a quarter or a series but not an entire game.

Landry's team pride was deep, I never questioned their commitment and their play was solid. I just don't see that now.

The awful squad play (Special teams, Oline, secondary) goes back to TC and I was concerned about back-ups the moment Matt Moore was let to drift off the team. The T. Glenn debacle cost this team a roster spot and they just could not let him go - WHY?

I don't think anything will change until some new blood for the coaches and players are brought in. I think this runs deeper than just Romo and Felix Jones - there performance will only mask the real problems.

It's sad the coaching can't last into double digit years because that type of change always results in a new recipe of tactics and strategy.

Coach Landry, Murchison and Tex - people like you are missed more than ever!