Enough balls to go around? Pleeze....

superpunk

Reaction score
Parcells/Palmer/Bledsoe was once a deadly combo. They are not afraid to pass the ball around. In Bledsoe's first 4 years in the league, he passed the ball over 600 times 3 out of 4 years. As good as Terry is, they never had a WR as good as TO or a TE like Witten, although Coates was pretty good. They still ran the ball, as well - Martin had nearly 1500 yards in his first season, and 14 TDs his first two seasons. How will that translate to our beloved Cowboys?

Well, Keyshawn had 71 catches last year. Pretty decent year for him. Let's say for a moment TO only gets those 71 catches Key had last year. What would his totals have been? (I took Owens ypc average the past 3 years, along with his receptions per TD, and just did the math)

TO - 71 catches, 1,065 yards, 10 TDs.

Heck of a year, IMO. Over 200 more yards and 4 more TDs than Key. And if anyone thinks TO won't be getting a little more than 71 catches, pass me some, LOL.

The offense should open up more, too. Take Todd Pinkston, for example. In three previous full years starting, Pinkston's ypc average was a decent 14.2. His first year with TO the ypc average skyrocketed to 18.8, nearly 5 ypc higher than his previous average.

In short, there are more than enough balls to go around. Parcells and Palmer have spread it around big time, before. I expect it again. This nonsensical claim that Parcells is a "running coach", because of a reputation he built 20 years ago, is shortsighted. Parcells plays to the strength of his team. Will he run it? Yes, balance is important. But Parcells will use his players to the best of their abilities.

superpunk

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
I expect Glenn to have about 50-60 catches for 1000 yards, ;).

He had 62 catches this year, I wouldn't expect that total to decrease any. His ypc was pretty high already, so I don't know that it will make the astronomical jump Pinkston's did. I expect it to spike a little, though.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Actually this was Glenns best year far as TDs, 2nd for him in yards, highest in YPC and 4th highest total in receptions..

And believe me if Drew had more than 2 seconds to throw ball Glenn would of had like 1500 yards because he was open but drew had no time to get it to hom